indecisive...

Participant count
  • Participant list

mstrblk
10+ year member

bay area
i am rebuilding my system, and had thought of replacing my head unit, i have a pioneer deh-8000r, and liked the x-overs, and it gave me alot of options, most of which i can do with my new amps, i had looked at the Nakamichi units, and they seem to be well recomended but i dont know too much about them, what do you think?

Nak makes great products. If the cross over in your HU is an electronic crossover, then that will do a much better job than the crossover in your amps. Most amps have filters for crossovers which only help filter out certain frequencies. For a true cross over that can cut off a frequency at a desired level, you would need an electronic cross over. If there is nothing wrong with your Pioneer and you are happy with it, then why change? The only complaint I've heard about the Nak's is that they don't have the options that other HU's of the same price have. But, I have never heard a complaint about the sound or quality.

thats what i thought, that the nak hu's were just higher quality output, and dindnt include all the tuning options, i think i will end up sticking w/ the pioneer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mstrblk

10+ year member
mstrblk
bay area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from