Interest in Big 3 kits?

RAM_Designs
5,000+ posts

SketchUp Master
Rockwall, TX
I have been thinking about making some quality Big 3 kits, and just want to kind of take the forum's temperature about the idea. Ordering will be easy, simply give me the three lengths you need from mounting hole to mounting hole(for me, this will = terminal hole to terminal hole). Here's a rundown of the parts/process.

1) Wire being used will be the new black Audio Technix 1/0 CCA wire.

2) Terminals will be tinned copper to resist corrosion.

3) All wire/terminal connections will be crimped via a hydraulic crimper for a connection that will never wiggle loose or back out.

4) All connections will be finished with some black heat shrink tubing for a clean look.

Do you guys have any interest in something like this? If so, what kind of price point would be reasonable to you?

I have been thinking about making some quality Big 3 kits, and just want to kind of take the forum's temperature about the idea. Ordering will be easy, simply give me the three lengths you need from mounting hole to mounting hole(for me, this will = terminal hole to terminal hole). Here's a rundown of the parts/process.

1) Wire being used will be the new black Audio Technix 1/0 CCA wire.

2) Terminals will be tinned copper to resist corrosion.

3) All wire/terminal connections will be crimped via a hydraulic crimper for a connection that will never wiggle loose or back out.

4) All connections will be finished with some black heat shrink tubing for a clean look.

Do you guys have any interest in something like this? If so, what kind of price point would be reasonable to you?
hey man you took my idea , lol i think it would be great idea.

I've always felt this was a great idea. It's been attempted by others before, but no one has been consistent. You're definitely a good person to do something like this, I hope there's a lot of interest from users around the forums.

I've always felt this was a great idea. It's been attempted by others before, but no one has been consistent. You're definitely a good person to do something like this, I hope there's a lot of interest from users around the forums.
Yeah, I'm hoping there is some interest as well. If it actually works out well I might offer a higher level with some OFC wire. But IMO, with the Big 3, who cares if it's CCA or OFC? You're talking about 5ft or less as the longest run, and you're improving over something that is usually just 6ga or smaller wire. I don't know, maybe there would be enough people wanting it in order to do something about it.

Yeah, I'm hoping there is some interest as well. If it actually works out well I might offer a higher level with some OFC wire. But IMO, with the Big 3, who cares if it's CCA or OFC? You're talking about 5ft or less as the longest run, and you're improving over something that is usually just 6ga or smaller wire. I don't know, maybe there would be enough people wanting it in order to do something about it.
I hope so too. This thread will give you a good idea on whether it's something to really consider or not. I hope this works out though.

I hope so too. This thread will give you a good idea on whether it's something to really consider or not. I hope this works out though.
I've already had some people PMing me about prices...so there's some interest.

I've seen them going online from 75-150$ for OFC ... for tuner cars just to let ya know ... pricing should be half that for the CCA?

Oh.. and the Tuner Big upgrade is for 3 Grounds and 1 Alt to Battery... for some odd reason tuners need 3 grounds.. I think a total of 10' of Cable.. cripped end connections with heat shrink over them etc..

Oh.. and the Tuner Big upgrade is for 3 Grounds and 1 Alt to Battery... for some odd reason tuners need 3 grounds.. I think a total of 10' of Cable.. cripped end connections with heat shrink over them etc..
what is a "tuner big upgrade"? is that for hondas, vw's and whatnot?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.