is this a bad idea??

oldschooldan
10+ year member

mpls mn
ok so i at my local pawn shop and they have six yes 6 10 incn kicker cvr's the 2003 style.. i want to buy them if i can run them all off my jl audio 1000/1..i think they are duel 4 ohm subs so i think i can wire them down to 1.3 ohms does that sound right?..and will it be safe for the subs and the amp?

good idea or bad idea??

ok so i at my local pawn shop and they have six yes 6 10 incn kicker cvr's the 2003 style.. i want to buy them if i can run them all off my jl audio 1000/1..i think they are duel 4 ohm subs so i think i can wire them down to 1.3 ohms does that sound right?..and will it be safe for the subs and the amp?
good idea or bad idea??
How much can you get them for?

They are rated at 400 a piece correct? I've seen guys put 4 on 2k. You may want to bump up the power to get them moving

if they're in good shape the price is awesome, you MIGHT be able to fit them (with proper airspace) without mods for a sealed box, probably have to make mods for a ported box

i dont think you have seen the in side of a 96 impla ss trunk..lol..but its in a huge ported box and it will fit.with the the subs firing up if i keep the box... ill still have room on the sides and the back of the trunk.the box is 4ft long 2 feet wide 12.5 deep it has 2 chambers 3 subs each camber the ports look to be 2.5 inch wide pvc tube two for each chamber they look to be around a foot or so long...but anyway i have a really good box builder he can make anything..and everything he makes sound awesome..will it be safe for the subs and amp??? i think i can wire them down to a 1.3 ohms..

Just one question, why would you wire down to 1.3Ω? The JL slash series has the same output from 1.5Ω-4Ω, you can wire 6 DVC 4Ω subs to 3Ω and avoid potential problems using that amp.

Just one question, why would you wire down to 1.3Ω? The JL slash series has the same output from 1.5Ω-4Ω, you can wire 6 DVC 4Ω subs to 3Ω and avoid potential problems using that amp.
This^^^^ I'd much rather run higher impedence. Slash series amps do fantastic at 3 ohm nominal and will be much happier.

Buy them, build a GOOD box and they may do allright, if not you won't lose much when you throw them up on Craigslist.

i knew a guy who had 4 of them running off two 500rms amps in a cobalt and was hittin the high 140s to low 150s but his box was so big he had to take out his back seat. id buy em and sell two of em with that box and take that money to build a new box for 4 of em and wire those to 2 ohms on that jl amp

i dont think you have seen the in side of a 96 impla ss trunk..lol..but its in a huge ported box and it will fit.with the the subs firing up if i keep the box... ill still have room on the sides and the back of the trunk.the box is 4ft long 2 feet wide 12.5 deep it has 2 chambers 3 subs each camber the ports look to be 2.5 inch wide pvc tube two for each chamber they look to be around a foot or so long...but anyway i have a really good box builder he can make anything..and everything he makes sound awesome..will it be safe for the subs and amp??? i think i can wire them down to a 1.3 ohms..
I have built several Impala's over the years. 6 10's is a bit of a waste in them, but they will fit...sort of. I wouldn't recommend it.

Your car though.

i knew a guy who had 4 of them running off two 500rms amps in a cobalt and was hittin the high 140s to low 150s but his box was so big he had to take out his back seat. id buy em and sell two of em with that box and take that money to build a new box for 4 of em and wire those to 2 ohms on that jl amp
Your buddy had to be blowing smoke up your aas. 1k before box rise an cheap 10's don't get near 150's.

You need to learn the difference in SPL meters. Where in VA are you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.