interior neons legal??

Any neon is illegal.Im shure you can get away with it since its not out in the open for all to see.
not totally accurate, neons are not illegal in the general sense. Laws vary by area, but in most areas you cannot have them (the light) visible while driving on public roads. If you have blue or red neons visible, you could also be hit with an impersonation of an emergency vehicle charge.

If it says " Off road use only" its illegal to have on the street.

Just about all packages for neon have this warning on them.

Impersonating an emergency vehicle= not a cheap ticket

Well thats mostly to cover the company's asses in any area. I'm pretty sure if they arent visible, it is legal in alot of areas, not that it matters though because if they arent visible, you obviously wouldnt get caught with them.

On another note, if you want to save money in the long run, dont buy them, I think every 16 year old goes through a phase where they think neons and rice gear is cool, but most all of us grow out of that quickly, I'm sure you will too.

Just a suggestion.

I don't know about the laws in Arkansas, Jordan, but one state south of you the laws are neons are illegal for visible use on public roadways. In a parking lot or otherwise 'offroad' locations they could care less.

I have two neons in my car - one in the trunk behind my amps and another inside the car just below the bottom cushion of my backseat...yanno, on that flat part that sits just behind your legs if you were in the backseat? It's got one of those sensors and flashes with my music...

As dark as my tint is unless you are standing directly in front of the car looking through the windshield you'd never notice it. If I were to get pulled over the system's getting turned down anyway so it wouldn't be going once he/she/they got up to my window anyway.

It's not only 16yr olds and ricers that like 'em, tyvm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ha, its come to my attention that you are a chick, if thats really true, go for it. girls are the exception to the normal ricer rules //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i had blue neons in my interior, found them to be annoying and distracted my driving capabilities, removed them, never had them in since.

in NJ neons visible is illegal unless installed in the rear passenger cabin, trunk, hood, anywhere where noone can see it.

Yeah mostly everywhere internal while dirving are illegal sicne it "causes glare" on the inside windows,Can also distract other drivers looking at your vehicle .

External it depends on the color,since you are only allowed ot have certain colored lights on your vehicle.

front = amber or white (headlights/driving lights)

sides = red or amber

rear = red or amber

If they want to get really sticky however, the sides must have amber towards the front of a vehicle and red towards the rear.

This applies for sure to canada and for most US states.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jordantyler

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Jordantyler
arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date