eggyhustles
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Bronx, NY
hu is a kenwood kdc-hd942u

speakers are phoenix gold rsds

amp is mb quart dsc 280

dsc280.jpg

I set the high pass on the hu to 80hz...there's no sub so should it be run full range or not? eq is flat.

Bass eq on the amp was set to 0 and so was the input level(gain i think) but the music distorted @ a low volume(25 outta 35)

if i set the bass eq on the amp from 0db to 9db the bass decreases a little bit..isn't it suppose to increase?

I didn't turn the gain up since the music sounded distorted and i didn't wanna damage someone's speakers.

what am i doing wrong here?

Sorry was thinking of the wrong thread. Your problem is you have the high pass set on 80hz. Either turn that off or set it to 20hz

Edit: **** I guess I should read your whole post. I am still wrong. I hate long posts hold on... lol that advice was not correct either

The gain is to match the output voltage of the head unit. If the unit has 2v preouts, set the gain there. If they are 4v set the gain at 4v. It's pretty simple stuff. The bass EQ should not be used. It is full of fail. Leave it alone. I would go with flat eq. You've already set the lowest frequency it can receive to 81hz so just leave it be unless your mids bottom out. Then you can go turn up your head unit hp filter. You can tell people you're running active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.