its cheap, but is it that bad?

Like you already should know, prefab boxes are crap.. They are for people who do not know better. The fact that you have been searching for one that doesnt "****" shows that even you know they are crappy.

Before you go using/building an enclosure, you need the specs of your sub so that you can properly size the box and port volumes. You cannot just go buy a ported enclosure and have it magically sound good with any (12") sub. At worst, you may blow your sub due to too much airspace or too low of tuning below the fs of the sub. 

If you're really a gramps, learn to build an enclosure and stop wasting time considering a pre-fab box.
Gramps can't build sh!t. Only thing he can build is a long list of excuses.  

Like you already should know, prefab boxes are crap.. They are for people who do not know better. The fact that you have been searching for one that doesnt "****" shows that even you know they are crappy.

Before you go using/building an enclosure, you need the specs of your sub so that you can properly size the box and port volumes. You cannot just go buy a ported enclosure and have it magically sound good with any (12") sub. At worst, you may blow your sub due to too much airspace or too low of tuning below the fs of the sub. 

If you're really a gramps, learn to build an enclosure and stop wasting time considering a pre-fab box.
um dude i have a custom box u just coming in on this conversation that has nothing to do with and u missed something.. this is my box and i've been in car audio for over 20yrs

WP_20180731_16_03_44_Pro.jpg

because you have no clue why they have the port that small. this box will probably still be louder than whatever you design gramps.
if theres a REASON for the port to be small on the 15" box why is the 12" port bigger.. u the one arguing for no reason.. any time else someone showed that box 1st thing everyone would say is port is too small but now u think port 1/2 of what most should be is ok with u?

Damn Gramps!.. lol... just let it be... all you do is dig yourself a deeper hole and try to argue yourself out of it.

Honestly it's predictable as hell and kinda entertaining. 

You know enough to be dangerous... now build one already and it might stop the dogpiling.

QXsyXy0.jpg

Whats funny is that he claims to know how to design a box and just ends up scouring the net for prefabs and goes and tells noobs that prefabs are fine. What a fu ckin tard.
even hertz is using 1 now.. not everyone wants to spend $200 on a box nor has the tools to make one.. seen many people on here that have big systems don't make boxes yet i'm the only ones gets **** on for not making a box..

even hertz is using 1 now.. not everyone wants to spend $200 on a box nor has the tools to make one.. seen many people on here that have big systems don't make boxes yet i'm the only ones gets **** on for not making a box..
You don't need an arsenal of tools, a drill and a jisaw is all you need. If you dont have a drill then a couple of bar clamps work well to clamp the glue. The last few boxes i made i quit using screws and just glue and clamp the *****. 

If you arent smart enough to buy a drill and jigsaw from a big box retailer and then return them when you are done using them then you should just kill yourself. 

Bahahahahahaa. You need a handsaw, drill and a screwdriver. A jig saw would be easier, but not needed. A sheet or two of MDF, cheap caulk and some drywall screws for materials. That's 50 bucks. Gimme a break dude. I can see that you really are just full of crap

You don't need an arsenal of tools, a drill and a jisaw is all you need. If you dont have a drill then a couple of bar clamps work well to clamp the glue. The last few boxes i made i quit using screws and just glue and clamp the *****. 

If you arent smart enough to buy a drill and jigsaw from a big box retailer and then return them when you are done using them then you should just kill yourself. 
oops...lol. Yeah, exactly!

Bahahahahahaa. You need a handsaw, drill and a screwdriver. A jig saw would be easier, but not needed. A sheet or two of MDF, cheap caulk and some drywall screws for materials. That's 50 bucks. Gimme a break dude. I can see that you really are just full of crap
i actually have 2 drills and a new never used jigsaw.. but getting wood to house kind of a pain and i can't cut a straight line or a circle., i've tried.. why waste time $ and materials? i still don't get why i'm the only one that gets all this crap for not making box when 1/4 people that come on here buy boxes.. alo i was the one saying that prefab was crap jeff was the one saying it was good so why am i getting the hate?

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually have 2 drills and a new never used jigsaw.. but getting wood to house kind of a pain and i can't cut a straight line or a circle., i've tried.. why waste time $ and materials? i still don't get why i'm the only one that gets all this crap for not making box when 1/4 people that come on here buy boxes.. alo i was the one saying that prefab was crap jeff was the one saying it was good so why am i getting the hate?

If only big box stores or lumber yards had panel saws and could either cut the wood smaller or to your exact size requirements. Wow I could start my own company and become so rich since NO COMPANY does that.

Hell I'll even shoot for the moon and even offer a pick up truck rental to transport large goods home.

I'm going to be so RICH because NO COMPANY is currently offering that type of mind blowing service!

If you can't get anyone to cut a 4'x8' sheet buy the 2'x4' sheets even if they cost more they can lay down across a back seat for the ride home. A jigsaw and a straight edge is the bare minimum you need. These newer jigsaws can cut pretty fast. Mine is a 4 speed the low speed cuts the circle well. Use the right blade type also. A #8 countersink bit. Didn't use clamps. Live in an apartment so no garage or patio so made my box in my bathroom to contain the dust to a smaller area with no carpet for easier cleanup. Noise? Screw the neighbors. 

Prefabs can be ok as long as the net airspace and tuning is what you want, the cutout isn't too big ( a smaller one can be made larger) and is 3/4" mdf or greater. These boxes are more forgiving for rock/metal rather than rap/decaf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.