JLJunkie's Retarded Budget Build

I live like 5mins from Dominos Farms lol. Very excited about recreational, when my house is done being built I'm going to grow again. 

If you only have 2k before rise then use as big of a box as you can fit while still allowing good airflow. .7-.8per sub or larger should be good. Impedance rise is usually 3-4x nominal impedance. 
not me but a guy I know...just bought an aeropod xl and gonna try to grow a little something something in that.

not me but a guy I know...just bought an aeropod xl and gonna try to grow a little something something in that.
Does the guy you know mean Aerogarden? I googled that and didn't come up with anything relevant to growing. It sounds like it might be one of those grow tents. They work well but he will need to watch the heat and make sure there is good airflow and a source to intake fresh air.

I am good at growing in small spaces- I've yeilded 6oz from 2 plants in a 28w x 20d x 56h area. 

Update number 5,306....

Subs/box are now in a 2009 Jeep Liberty. The box is so big that it made a damn wall just putting them in the Jeep. Just doing a little testing and saw a decent gain in this vehicle...overall high score now is 145.7 @ 42hz. Anyhow, here are the vids.....

What I find impressive is how well this enclosure works across the spectrum. Check out the graph below.....I did a series of burps from 20hz to 60hz, volume was left the same for each burp, and the response is nearly the same from 20 to 60. Pretty crazy,

55448527_1224786474343577_3642426309059018752_n.jpg

Well, some ******* broke into my truck last night and stole my APMI-2K. The box must have been too heavy because they tried to pull it out and gave up. I also had a couple of budget amps back there that I was testing for the $150 challenge, they stole those too. This is particularly troubling because I live at the end of a 1 mile long private road out in the woods. There's no way to randomly come across our house, we were specifically targeted. They also broke into my wife's jeep and our camper, stole the faceplate off the stereo in our camper WTF?? Nothing of value was in the jeep tho. I have 5 dogs that are just about useless because they didn't bark to wake us up during the whole ordeal. I doubt they'll be back, but I've got the freedom seed dispensers at the ready.

Looks like I am in the market for a new amp, I may give wolfram a try.

that ***** man ****** thieves wont work for their stuff, probably just turn around and sell the amp for $50 to quick drug money. That c2400 would be interesting to see on those!

that ***** man ****** thieves wont work for their stuff, probably just turn around and sell the amp for $50 to quick drug money. That c2400 would be interesting to see on those!
Thieves are the worst, work for your own ****. Lo and behold, an APMI-2k popped up on a local FB sales group that I am on. I still have all the paperwork from my amp so I've got the serial number right here. I notified the cops so it'll be interesting to see if they attempt to make contact with the person. I'm glad it's just an audiopipe and I didn't have something more expensive in there,

Thieves are the worst, work for your own ****. Lo and behold, an APMI-2k popped up on a local FB sales group that I am on. I still have all the paperwork from my amp so I've got the serial number right here. I notified the cops so it'll be interesting to see if they attempt to make contact with the person. I'm glad it's just an audiopipe and I didn't have something more expensive in there,
I'b betting it's someone you know, or a buddy of yours that he knows. Do you have some random people come to your house for visiting?

Really irritates the hell out of me when I read stuff like this. Esp if you live on a private driveway and just as you said, your vehicle was targeted, not random.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'b betting it's someone you know, or a buddy of yours that he knows. Do you have some random people come to your house for visiting?

Really irritates the hell out of me when I read stuff like this. Esp if you live on a private driveway and just as you said, your vehicle was targeted, not random.
I'm about 99% sure of who did it. We've only been in the house for a little over a year. The previous owners (as we found out after we bought it) were a bunch of criminals. Their kids are on a first name basis with the local sheriff because they are in and out of jail so much. Their oldest son (around 35 yrs old) is a total meth head. About 3 weeks after we moved in, he pulled into the driveway late at night and was asking where his parents were. Apparently, they left town and didn't tell him....or he was just tweaking. I just got really bad vibes from this dude and he kept wanting to just stand in the driveway and look into my shop. As cheesy as it sounds, I made my EDC visible (XD45) and let him know he was not welcome, if he came on the property again then I would call the police and defend my family to the fullest extent. Never heard from the guy again.....

I'd be willing to bet it was this guy trying to rummage up items to sell for drugs. The whole situation just really *****, I moved my family out into the country to get away from the crime. In a 12 month period, we had our cars broken into 3 times in Colorado Springs and had 1 attempted B&E. That was the whole reason we packed up and moved to the country. My wife is from a very small town in Germany, so things like this reeeeally freak her out. Definitely did not expect it to happen where we currently live, but then again, seems like the rural areas are full of tweakers these days. I'm taking my wife out to the range this weekend to throw some lead around, hopefully it will make her a little more comfortable knowing she has the tools to defend if necessary (not trying to spark a gun argument, it's just a necessary tool when you live out in the middle of nowhere and the average EMS response time is over 30 minutes). Anyhow, I am getting waaaaay off topic from my build lol

Update on the theft situation...... my neighbor's garage got hit the same night that I did. He and his family were on spring break so nobody was home. He owns a carpentry business and his garage was STACKED with expensive woodworking tools. All in all, the thieves made out with around $10K in tools. The cops are taking that very seriously because of the dollar value in stolen gear.

And here is where it gets interesting.... I get a text from my neighbor today that 2 guys just tried to steal stuff from his garage while he was in it. Around noon, in brood daylight, an F250 backed up to my neighbor's garage and 2 guys started trying to force the door open, not knowing someone was inside. When my neighbor started shouting, they jumped in the truck and took off. He ended up chasing them down the road on his 4wheeler and got the plate number. The sheriff made contact with the 2 guys and they are currently in custody. Just waiting to hear if they found the stolen goods, hopefully they didn't have enough time to unload everything over the weekend.

But seriously, who TF goes back to steal MORE stuff in broad daylight? 

Also, I found out today that I have ball cancer so that kind of *****. All audio projects are on hold until I get this nonsense cleared up because cancer treatment ain't cheap.

Bummer about the cancer, hopefully its an early stage and they can treat it easily.

If i was the neighbor I would have grabbed a shotgun and let them open up the door and blown them away. Michigan is a stand your ground state and has castle doctrine so the law would side with the homeowner. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My best for a quick recovery! First the break in and then this, talk about a sh*tty way to start 2019. I'm perm disabled and have had 94 surgeries & have almost died a few times in the last 9 years so I know what it is like to deal with medical problems.

Hopefully they get your stuff back quickly and that you can get a quick ending to the C word.

JLJunkieMX107 said:
Update on the theft situation...... my neighbor's garage got hit the same night that I did. He and his family were on spring break so nobody was home. He owns a carpentry business and his garage was STACKED with expensive woodworking tools. All in all, the thieves made out with around $10K in tools. The cops are taking that very seriously because of the dollar value in stolen gear.

And here is where it gets interesting.... I get a text from my neighbor today that 2 guys just tried to steal stuff from his garage while he was in it. Around noon, in brood daylight, an F250 backed up to my neighbor's garage and 2 guys started trying to force the door open, not knowing someone was inside. When my neighbor started shouting, they jumped in the truck and took off. He ended up chasing them down the road on his 4wheeler and got the plate number. The sheriff made contact with the 2 guys and they are currently in custody. Just waiting to hear if they found the stolen goods, hopefully they didn't have enough time to unload everything over the weekend.

But seriously, who TF goes back to steal MORE stuff in broad daylight? 

Also, I found out today that I have ball cancer so that kind of *****. All audio projects are on hold until I get this nonsense cleared up because cancer treatment ain't cheap.
First thing I wanna say is kick cancer's ACE man!

Also I wanted to say I joined instead of just watching to boards b/c of your build.

People are crazy, I had some people get into my wife's SUV a few months back and steal everything out of her center console including her spare set of keys that included my spare Trailblazer key, our house key, mailbox key... Luckily we had Homeowner's insurance so the keys were able to get replaced... unfortunately they would NOT pay for a re-keying of my TB so praying someone doesn't come back and run off with it...

Funny part is... after she got done being upset and freaked out over the keys the thing she was most pissed about was that they stole her stash of napkins X-D She was fuming like, do they know how long it took to collect all those napkins! We have kids! What kind of A-Hole steals napkins!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.