**Just a lil BTL design :) Pics***

What side should the woofer be on?

• Total voters

MikeyB
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Addict ®
H-Town, MI
Ive got another thread already on the whole build thus far, but I wanted some additional input on the enclosure design so far.

Other thread can be viewed here

Dream012copy.jpg

Going to be installed something like this, although it will probably look much different when its all said and done.

Heres the design so far

Assem.jpg

Assem2.jpg

Currently its 9.7 cube tuned to 32hz with 110sq in of port. 8 cube after displacement. The front will consist of about 4 baffles and the port will be interchangeable.

The enclosure will be constructed partially in the trunk, it will slide out into the car partially. Then additional baffles will be secured onto a floor base and rear deck extension (Beauty Panels) which will also hold everything in place. If that makes sense to anyone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Input? Suggestions?

I still have a lot of tweaking to do, but its close. The port is just a little bit too long, I need an extra 1-1.5 inches at the back to have the width of port away from the back wall.

After I get some framing done in the car I'll get some more accurate measurments and get a solid design worked out. This is pretty close though. The front face will more than likely end up being two pieces, instead of one big one like the first pic shows.

Im also gonna put a raised baffle over the entire front face that will be covered in grill cloth to hide the woofer. Hopefully when its all done, my goal is to look into the car and it appear to be a stock two seater. Then the grill will snap off and reveal an 18" woofer and a massive port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Looks good mikey. man im in michigan maybe ill see you at the taylor db drag this year at gibraltar hear that setup. keep up the good work though man look's good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...