• Thread starter <Collock>
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<Collock>

Ok hears the deal I dont know a lot about Head units so I dont complete know what the best unit is. These three units are all within 20 dollars of each other. JVC and Rockford play MP3 Alpine does not. A lot of people have said JVC is good, this month Mobile Entertainment did a review on 9400 which is the same as the 9300 except it is set up for video. They said it was a good MP3 player and had like preamps tested about 3.1 volts if i rember correctly and amp wattage tested in the mid twentys. Alpine CDA-7876 which is almost the same as a review on the CDA 7875 said" preamps measured 2.3 volts @ 1% THD+N, with the sub outputs faring a bit better at 4.6 volts at the same distortion level. Source impedance at 1 kHz measured about 340 ohms on all preamp outs. With 27 watts x 4 on tap at 1% THD+N" on the internal amps.(http://www.carsound.com/reviews/hd_units/cda-7875.html)

My main question is Alpine is better than the JVC and Rockford in quality of sound? Also what would you buy if MP3 did not matter? I believe the Alpine has a lot more options, but not the eastiest user interface. Opions?

collock- check out alpine web site at

alpine1.com check out there 7878 cd/mp3

player. but if cost is a concern then the

rockfordfosgate 9300 would make a better choice

then the jvc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.