• Thread starter <infamous>
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<infamous>

need help i keep blowing the secound speaker in my series setup and i cant figure out why. they are jl audio w3 d4s hooked up to a rockfordfosgate 500.2. every thing is hooked up right. ohms are at 4.which is right. i know im not putting to much power in to it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have 2 D4's in series that isnt 4 ohms, it is 16 ohms. wire it in series-parallel (coilsm in series, subs in parallel) for 4 ohms. and no, that amp shouldnt blow them, i know someone puttin over 300 to one and its fine. are you breaking it in before you pound it hard? and is the box the wrong size? are they sealed, if so you divided the chambers right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.