KHA does a 2011 Scion tC

More changes for the tC. Pulling the Pioneer HU and MS-8 and installing an Alpine DVA-9965 with the Alpine PXA-H800 and RUX-C800. We wanted more adjustment capability and the MS-8 couldn't handle processing the 8's in the rear (regardless of how we configured it - 3-way front or 2-way rear).

I dressed the harness and soldered the connections - not many needed with this configuration. The back of the HU will just have a fiber optic, Ai-Net, steering controls, and the harness with power/ground.

20160609_230519.jpg

20160609_230512.jpg

The mid bass were placed in the rear due to me being a bigger guy and it being a smaller car i didnt have room in the kicks and they were to much to place in the doors without chopping up the doors, original goal was stock look. With the correct tuning we should be able to make the midbass sound like its up front since we can with the sub. That and i thought it looked unique.

Looks good but why have mid-bass drivers in the rear? I can't imagine that helps staging at all.
staging is fine since the front ZR have plenty of midbass capability. Tuning with the MS-8 yielded an IASCA SQ score in the 190's. But the H800 will offer more flexibility and presets for SQ judging vs. daily SQ vs. daily loud. Goal for the car is an IASCA SQ score around 210 (which will be pretty good using stock speaker locations). The rear midbass drivers can be thought of as an extension of the 13W7 sub system - since the 13W7 doesn't sound that great above 60Hz. Note that comments on W7 SQ aren't as meaningful when the sub is tucked in the trunk. In this vehicle, any distortion is clearly audible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.