Kicker Products???

I've owned a Kicker Comp12(the older kind), four 10" Kicker comp(the second to the latest-gen), the silver-cone 12" L5, 12" L7(one 1st-gen and one latest-gen) and installed two 12" Solo-X in my friends ride.

From personal experience Kicker subs are loud as long as you stick with L7 and Solo-X. I blew the Comp12 with 800 watts in my home theater but it took a long year, the 2-gen L5(silver cone blue lettering) tore a tinsel lead with 500 watts and so did the 1st-gen L7 with around 1100 watts from a Brutus 1606D. The Comp 10s are kind of anemic and doesn't pick up the low bass very well.

The latest-gen L7s are nice, redesigned tinsel wires stitched into the spider is a lot better than just hanging wire like the 1-gen L7s. The Solo-X, while doesn't have much SQ to talk about, gets SUPER loud. We have an USA-2000X powering the pair and they can definitely take more. The early-gen Comp and CompVRs(round, parabolic cone) sounds very nice for their pricerage and looks good, I overpowered mine like 3 times over but it took that much for a year before the coil started to make a faint rubbing noise.

super-cool-story-bro.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.