kx1200.1 not working anymore.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Perdonic
10+ year member

Want Bass?
Well today I went to set the gain I just wired up the install, and one of my kx1200.1's don't work, it powers up and everything but when I start to raise the gain it goes into protection. I was going to set it with a DMM. the question is:

I am getting no output from the speaker connections on the amp when I put the DMM on them:

Yes the amp is seeing proper voltage

Yes the amp has the right size wire

Yes the ground is good(same place as the other amp and that one puts out voltage

yes the rca's work because they come in from the deck and then that amp is used to send signal to the amp that works.

I opened it up and don't see anything wrong with it, what else could cause this, the amp don't put nothing out and goes into protection easy.

yeah just the one don't work, it powers up, but goes into prtection and then comes off protection no matter where the gain is set, but that don't matter because the gain nob don't work lol, I have no output on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.