Lightning Audio p3.10.4 "Bolt" 10" subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scarenius
10+ year member

Call me Ravo
Michigan
My usual review of something I've bought.

Price: 5/5

$38 for the pair thanks to Best Buy. Typically $38 per sub.

Visuals and appeal: 3/5

Nice, clean looking, heavy suckers. Horrible smell. The chrome wasn't advertised, but it was there. You could show these off if noone know who Lightning Audio was. The opening to mount the sub was 9", 8 3/4" would have been perfect, and the 1/4" difference made mounting them a pain. I have to caulk the outside of part of one to make sure it was airtight.

Power Handling: 1/5

To test these speakers, I put them in a custom built enclosure, 0.753 cubes per sub. They recommend 0.75. I attached them to both amps I currently have. Attached to the Jensen jxp460, they did almost nothing. Attached to my Power Acoustik Gothic 1200, they would clip, not distort, before I could get them loud enough to notice through my trunk and back seat. I messed with gains and volume for half an hour. Nothing I did would get them anywhere I was happy with.

Sound: 1/5

These subs are NOT designed to be loud. Torture tested, my ass. I nearly blew them in an airtight enclosure. What little they did put out, sounded very good. They need an airtight enclosure, if you're not porting them. Not this "I'll caulk it when I get around to it, but right now I'll mount them and see how they sound" nonsense, if you don't seal these babies, or put them in a store bought enclosure that's not 100% airtight, they will sound like sh*t.

"Are they worth the money?"

This depends. If you're in a truck, and want a SQ sub that you'll mount directly behind your head, and you don't care to see your poorly attached rear view mirror vibrate, and you're really anal about the right enclosure, these will blow your mind.

Anyone else should really avoid these subs. $19 can get you a better 10 in subwoofer that's not on sale. $38 can get you a MUCH better subwoofer that's not on sale.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Scarenius

10+ year member
Call me Ravo
Scarenius
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies