Line Out converters?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Anonymous
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Can a line out converter cause distortion in the system? The reason I ask is because I have some of the ED EHQS 12's and I hooked a 12 up to my brothers system in a 2 cube sealed box on a RF P3001, on 400 watts, and it sounded clean and got pretty loud. But just now I hooked the same sub up to my girlfriend's system also a 2 cube sealed box on Diamond 400.1, @ 2 ohm only 200 watts, and the sub is bottoming out in her setup. My brother has an aftermarket pioneer HU and my girlfriend is running off of a converter and her stock Pioneer HU, she has a Scion TC. Could the sub be bottoming out now because it is off of a stock HU and converter, does that cause a dirty signal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.