Looking for build suggestions.

jjcav84

Ok currently I'm a long time car audio enthusiast looking to get back into the hobby. I want to spend my next few checks budget is roughly $800 and I'm looking at the following build so far and I'm wondering if anyone can give some input and some suggestions for possibly alternative components for the build I'd appreciate that. I quickly put this together on sonicelectronix. Thanks!

Head unit:

Pioneer AVH-X1800s $200

Speakers:

Rockford Fosgate Prime 165s $62

Subwoofer:

Image Dynamics ID 12 D4 V4 $140

Amplifiers:

PPI 2120 (old amp i had lying around)

JBL GTX 500 $120

That comes out to $520 so far plus I have to add the extras and maybe pay someone to help install it or to do it for me although I have quite a bit of installs under my belt that was 10+ years ago.

What do you guys think of that?

Should I delete the subwoofer one? I wanted to do a build one and one for specifically subwoofers. I was thinking that was too much. I guess I'll delete the other one and keep this one.

Ok currently I'm a long time car audio enthusiast looking to get back into the hobby. I want to spend my next few checks budget is roughly $800 and I'm looking at the following build so far and I'm wondering if anyone can give some input and some suggestions for possibly alternative components for the build I'd appreciate that. I quickly put this together on sonicelectronix. Thanks!
Head unit:

Pioneer AVH-X1800s $200

Speakers:

Rockford Fosgate Prime 165s $62

Subwoofer:

Image Dynamics ID 12 D4 V4 $140

Amplifiers:

PPI 2120 (old amp i had lying around)

JBL GTX 500 $120

That comes out to $520 so far plus I have to add the extras and maybe pay someone to help install it or to do it for me although I have quite a bit of installs under my belt that was 10+ years ago.

What do you guys think of that?
Do the install yourself

get something better than primes... At least a pair of components or something with the amount of money you save doing the install yourself.

This sub is overall superior to the ID 12 and can work in a much smaller box

Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer

Do the install yourself
get something better than primes... At least a pair of components or something with the amount of money you save doing the install yourself.

This sub is overall superior to the ID 12 and can work in a much smaller box

Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer
Ok say I upgrade to Kicker components for $229, substitute the subwoofer, and add on the wiring i'll be looking at around $900 after putting together a box as well. Do you have any tweaks or recommendations for that setup? What about different component speakers?

Ok say I upgrade to Kicker components for $229, substitute the subwoofer, and add on the wiring i'll be looking at around $900 after putting together a box as well. Do you have any tweaks or recommendations for that setup? What about different component speakers?
these are cheaper but much better sounding than kickers man.

https://www.amazon.com/Ctx65cs-Dynamics-Component-Speaker-System/dp/B001NNOZNQ

Can you build the box yourself if you had a design? Should save some money.

Thanks. I really don't know where to start so I'm sure a lot of my choices aren't the best. I really appreciate the input. Yes I can build a box especially if I had the design. I've built a few before but I have all the tools I need. I think. Maybe some big vise grips for holding the wood together might help? I have a table saw and hand tools and power tools as well.

[quote name='jjcav84']Thanks. I really don't know where to start so I'm sure a lot of my choices aren't the best. I really appreciate the input. Yes I can build a box especially if I had the design. I've built a few before but I have all the tools I need. I think. Maybe some big vise grips for holding the wood together might help? I have a table saw and hand tools and power tools as well.[/QUOTE]

perfect @CSCStang can hook you up with a design.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.