Looking to Get a New Car. Ideas?

I'd get the Honda or the Toyota or a Corolla just for reliability purposes if this is a daily driver
It will be a daily driver. I would rather have the Camry between Toyota and honda. Toyota is alittle bigger. Corolla is Ok but very reliable.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Taurus, can't say I'd buy that car. Camry or Honda would be good as they can run forever with good maintenance. My friend has a stratus and it's nice just watch the V6 when it comes to parts breaking its a pain to work on them. Have you priced the avalons? That's another 4 door car.
Toyota Avalon?

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I'd shoot myself with any one of those, personally...
Any reason why? I like them myself

I would avoid either of used chrysler products at all cost simply for quality reasons. They both have electrical issues and werent well made to begin with. I would look at toyota avalon's, they are very well made and have pretty good size. trunks

I would avoid either of used chrysler products at all cost simply for quality reasons. They both have electrical issues and werent well made to begin with. I would look at toyota avalon's, they are very well made and have pretty good size. trunks
Curious as to what electrical system issues you are referring to? I know alot of people who drive Stratus's and Intrepid's and have never had any issues outside of routine maintenance. Also i know in the intrepid that the 2.7l v6 was junk but he 3.2 & 3.5 v6s were both solid engines and reliable.

I have been looking a the Avalons though. Im not sure were the Alt is located on them however. But the look kind of nice

In the last 6-7 months we have had 3 in our shop with wiring harness issues ranging from efi harness, airbag/srs harness....random wires in the main harness melting. leaking steering rack issues that crazy expensive to replace. water pump issues....they just arent well made.

In the last 6-7 months we have had 3 in our shop with wiring harness issues ranging from efi harness, airbag/srs harness....random wires in the main harness melting. leaking steering rack issues that crazy expensive to replace. water pump issues....they just arent well made.
Hm i see. I guess its kind of hit or miss. I like the looks of the avalon's, they really just look like the rest of the toyotas lol. In my price range though most vehicles have a bit of miles on them. The only Vehicles i trust really with high miles are Honda Accords & Toyota Camry's and Corrollas. I paid 600 for my accord and its got 250k on it(246k when i got it) and its ran like a tank. Does not run like it has those miles on it. The only issue is it burns a very small tad of oil but thats a givin seeing its age and miles.

i actually like Pontiac Grand Ams. But if i got one id prefer 2001 or better when the changed the engines in them from the older ones that repeatedly blew head gaskets

1500-2000 isn't really a good budget. You should spend alittle more and then you shouldn't have to put as much work into the car... My friend buys $1500-3000 car/trucks every tax season and then has to spend another 1000-2000 over the next year in stupid little fixes.... Just take alittle loan out if you have to and buy a $5,000+ nicer car that won't need work... I bought my Tahoe for $7500 7 years ago and I've replaced u joints and front hubs.. Other then brakes but everyone gunna need brakes... I deff got my $7500 worth out of the truck and it still runs like a champ. If it were me that's what I'd do buy alittle nicer vehicle you won't need to fix up and drop more money into over the years. If I was looking for a dependable car I would be looking at 2005+ and that's still 10yr freakin old.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5346202743.html

Just over 100k and the back seat folds down. Has the 3800 motor that will run forever if u take care of it. Gets 22mpg+... I know cuz my wife has one... Really can't beat it for $3500obo

1500-2000 isn't really a good budget. You should spend alittle more and then you shouldn't have to put as much work into the car... My friend buys $1500-3000 car/trucks every tax season and then has to spend another 1000-2000 over the next year in stupid little fixes.... Just take alittle loan out if you have to and buy a $5,000+ nicer car that won't need work... I bought my Tahoe for $7500 7 years ago and I've replaced u joints and front hubs.. Other then brakes but everyone gunna need brakes... I deff got my $7500 worth out of the truck and it still runs like a champ. If it were me that's what I'd do buy alittle nicer vehicle you won't need to fix up and drop more money into over the years. If I was looking for a dependable car I would be looking at 2005+ and that's still 10yr freakin old.
2005 grand prix

Just over 100k and the back seat folds down. Has the 3800 motor that will run forever if u take care of it. Gets 22mpg+... I know cuz my wife has one... Really can't beat it for $3500obo
im actually at work so i cant see the CL add right now..

I understand its not a huge budget, but i think in the price range i can find a decent car. Im not looking for spectacular. My car now is a 99 accord with 250k and runs great, i would drive it anywhere honestly. I paid $600 for it, just needed the window motors changed. I only paid $120 to get those fixed and that was Motors and labor together and have not had to fix anything else(knock on wood lol) ive had it almost a year now. If it was 4 door i would keep it but with the 2yr old im just tired of it. Also i wish it looked alittle better as far as paint lol. Ive seen alot of hondas on CL that look to be in good shape between $1000-2000 and yes looks can be deceiving, but i give all used cars a "hell test drive" and get them hooked up to a computer etc when i go look at them. i want something alittle bigger on the inside if possible. Honeslty if push came to shove i would get another accord or go with a Camry. Im happy with my accords peformance just not the features

Theres actually a 2001 grand Am local to me with 133k on it thats in awesome shape for $1500. It looks really well taken care of, no dents or fading clear coat or paint. If i had cash in hand now i would probably go get it today. Ive always liked the 2000-up Grand ams and Grand prix's.

2005 grand prix

the more i look and check out the grand Prix's (2000-2003 & 2004-2008) the more i like them. Though on the 2000-03 model seats dont fold down, i can still unbolt it and it be ready if i decided to compete and for daily put the seat in and fold down the middle section to allow alittle better out put lol. I have found a few for sale on CL in Louisville, Lexington, and Bowling Green areas which are not to far of a drive.

Go the responsible route. Keep your current car for just a bit longer and save up some cash for a better ride. It will pay off in the long run. Then, keep that car for as long as you possible can, stick what would have been a car payment into savings for the next car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.