Mounting Amp

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
car :: IMG_0913.jpg picture by cbuts05 - Photobucket

currently mounted with velcro, but it dosnt seem to be holding that well, any suggestions???

i plan on putting the other seat down aswell and putting my other amp thats coming on that seat... or maybe i should just put them both in the trunk (is it okay drill both amps ontto the back of the box?)

also, how far does my subs have to be from the back of my seat when it is up? about a foot?

thanks

if you want loud keep the box facing back and about 5" off the trunk lid as for the amps ditch the velcro and run screws (short ones) into the back of the seats also think about securing the box down so it doesn't slide back/forward, I used two S.S eye bolts through the trunk floor with a little sealer and they hold nicely with a ratchet strap

P5310060.jpg

if you want loud keep the box facing back and about 5" off the trunk lid as for the amps ditch the velcro and run screws (short ones) into the back of the seats also think about securing the box down so it doesn't slide back/forward, I used two S.S eye bolts through the trunk floor with a little sealer and they hold nicely with a ratchet strap
P5310060.jpg
if thats yours i wanna hear it. and my ish is loud 11 inches from the trunk. like a baws. cause my amp is too big lol

if thats yours i wanna hear it. and my ish is loud 11 inches from the trunk. like a baws. cause my amp is too big lol
well same car but it's louder now that was my T2 15" in the side ported box I made for it at work one day without anyone asking me what I was doing, it was on a T1000.1bd and a p200.2 on the highs cliff design kevlar co-ax's, now it's a memphis 16mc2000d and a T600.2 with a pair of 12" hx2's and mb quart Q series components and a jvc avx77 in dash single din dvd player I'll grab a pic in a sec.

actually i just turned them around just now, they were as close as yours before but i tried this? im not sure whats better.

car2 pictures by cbuts05 - Photobucket

didnt really wanna put screws into the seats, but i might.

also the first video is a wine my amp makes for some reason, so i was thinking of putting them on the back of the box so i dont have to hear it ( if i leave my subs facing how they are right now )

tips?

here ya go not as pretty as it use to be I guess? But it sounds good I 'm just waiting to find something louder or for something to fail!

SAM_0065.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

SAM_0067.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

SAM_0064.jpg

Once I meet up with someone with a garage I want to build another box like the one I made for the 15", I actually made two of those boxes one for me then one for a buddy of mine and now I don't work in a shop so building is kinda on hold for me

actually i just turned them around just now, they were as close as yours before but i tried this? im not sure whats better.

car2 pictures by cbuts05 - Photobucket

didnt really wanna put screws into the seats, but i might.

also the first video is a wine my amp makes for some reason, so i was thinking of putting them on the back of the box so i dont have to hear it ( if i leave my subs facing how they are right now )

tips?
bump dis

just about every amp ive ever mounted on the back of the seat always got too hot,and shut down,on bass..collect too much heat
why would putting it on the back of the seat make it hot?

what do u suggest i do

Mounting amplifiers with screws into the back of a seat is a very common solution. It's not ideal for amps that run hot because with the seat up the heat sink can get heat soaked. Heat rises. If you have the room for it you should mount the amp laying down between the seat backs and the boxes. There are other ways to manage the heat but this is an easy solution.

yeah ive pmd yu, maybe i will do what someone suggested and buy a big peice of mdf put the box where its goign ( im guessing 5" from front is best right, turned back around ) and measure from front of box to the back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.