moving tons of air

Alexwaves
10+ year member

SPL NEWBIE
hey all i want to build a nother box but i want to move a ton of air and make some flexing videos. and maybe the hair trick..

i know that to do this i will have to tune low. i am going with 32hz. but my quesiton is with my slot port should i make it narrow or wide??

the box that i am gonna build will be 14"tall so the max that i can go for hight of the port is 12.5 but should i make it 2.5" wide and not that long or 10" and very long.??????????????

in his defense there (at least when i took the test) there were no enclosure design questions on the mecp tests

kinda dumb nonetheless though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif

in his defense there (at least when i took the test) there were no enclosure design questions on the mecp tests
kinda dumb nonetheless though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif
MECP believes enclosure design is for intermediate installers

Tune higher and go narrow. The port is nothing more than a way to "slow" the reaction of the air so it is consistant and performing the same function of the cone of the speaker. Thus, a large mouth port would need to be longer. I don't see why this would be desirable unless you wanted more port area overall.

box building was not some thing that mobile dynamics covered. the only thing that we did was a small box that held a 6.5 mid that was ported and tuned to 257hz the box was to show us to use wood glue and drywall screws and how to carpet a box. and how to take a router to round over the port. (pvc pipe)

on bronze it was 92.7 and silver was 87.6

i am sorry that i dont know as much as the avg person on this site. but i feel that this site is here for everyone not just the noobs or the 15 year pro installer. that is why i asked questions. so one day i will know as much as the next guy and help out the new ppl getting in to car audio.

I build boxes at Mobile Dynamics. also used and learned about box programs. I dont know about you but that helped me with building good enclosures that would do that I wanted, and not have to ask a forum how to make my car flex //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

mobile dynamics covered most the design process of the majority of enclosure types while i was there....we only that same enclosure as well yet i still managed to grasp box design as well

no excuses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.