mtx 9500

Participant count
  • Participant list

blackMTXgold
10+ year member

PiMp MeMbEr
so i have a 9500 10" and it has a smashed dust cap, and a tiny bit of the coil is bent backwards(it doesnt effect it all) so i sent it in for a recone, mtx sent it back sayin they cant fix it because it was smashed in too far and effected the voice coil, so i got it back, i hooked it up to my 1501bd and played a 25 hz test tone and it plays perfect, i actually had it moving further than i had before when it was setup in a box, there was no scrapin on the coil from the magnet, no wierd noise, so now im just putting a smaller dust cap attatched to the 9500 to cover the hole, but my question is why couldnt they fix it, it works perfect

no its not, but i was going to pay full price for a recone, and i talked to one of the service rep and the person said that "its smashed in to far and effected the voice coil and thats why we cant fix it"

no its not inverted, my box woulda tipped over lol, and i had the box facing in the cabin, i have a fold down back seat and i had a lug wrench on the seat, my friends shut the backseat without moving the lug wrench and a lug wrench forced against the dust cap playing 137 dB is not pretty, its not a metal cone, plastic, just silver shiny layer on it....

oh yah, but still, "a lug wrench forced against the dust cap playing 137 dB is not pretty" i would have pictures but i dropped my moms digi cam down some stairs,

even if i had a camera, im letting the gorrila glue dry thats holdin on the new dust cap, i can get pics loaded with my vid cam i guess of the new dust cap when done, ill do that tonight

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.