my 05 civic rebuild

217e2260.jpg

0cd877a4.jpg

93ae555b.jpg

95c5b872.jpg

6d766edd.jpg

52a18207.jpg

^^^^^^^ i think i have a new wall paper. or i will after i get that red top out of there. lol

yep. i really wish i could listen to it but i can't. lol. sooooo close though!!

even though all the wires are cut up and good to go i'm thinking of removing all the wires and amps and buying some roll on flat black paint to paint the back of the box. that way i don't have to see bare wood with glue drip. yeah.

well my build is coming close to a complete. i received my kinetik HC2400 yesterday and i started the process of getting all the 1/0ga ring terminals onto their proper wires. i started at 5pm after i got off work and didn't finish all the wiring till 11pm. i tried to keep it clean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i then went out to a publix parking lot that was pretty large so i wouldn't disturb anyone. there wasn't anyone around anyways so yeah. lol

well initially after i set everything to flat i started out with setting the gain by ear on a song i normally listen to on the XXX. i was suprised at the output it had, i was like chit!! when i thought i had the gains set i pop the trunk open and i see the sub just going crazy with overexcursion and i was hearing this wear light popping sound. so i quickly turned it down and started to mess witht he gain and sub sonic filter. after much fooling around i got it to a point where i felt it would be better to have it set by a shop that has the proper equipment. so i set my gains a little low and set my subsonic filter just right so the sub would stop making with the overexcursion and the light poping.

swell i only have 1 pic to so here. it's just a pic of how i mounted my 4chan amp under the speaker box.

bfb5c05b.jpg

and well here's a little preview of what the sub can do. when i saw this today i was like ****!!!!!onE!!!!

though i have noticed a loss of flex elsewhere in the car. my windsheild, rear door, and rear window don't move as much. it's mostly the trunk. lol

this video here was with all 4 doors open and rear sets folded down. after the vid i put my seats back up. i'm not big on driving with the seats down.

on a side note i must say i am amazed at how well the sub sounds inside the cabin. nice deep bass. the soundeadener has help A LOT and has reduced 95% of vibration that occured when the XXX was in. my friend was amazed at how there was little to none of noise coming from the rear other then the output of the speaker. now i can actually here the trunk lid making it's vibration but it's very bare and can barely be heard as the bass overpowers it. that will be the first thing i deaden well after i purchase more, other than that the way it is set up i LOVE it.

though i have noticed on a lot of songs i used to listen to with the XXX i have a huge loss of output. i really don;t know why either. somesongs used to get stupid loud with the XXX, but then witht he BTL some of those same songs don't. hmrpf..

i'll get a good video in some time. i gotta feel what sounds best. so for now. enjoy 17 seconds of my trunk moving futher than i have ever seen. lol actually scared me at first.

well yesterday i hooked up my trickle charger to my batteries after work at around 5:30. today i didn't take the charger off till about 12:30. it was still charging! voltage when i initially put t on was around 12.30, then today before i took it off voltage was around 14.25. so i set out and started playing some music to find some songs that would drive the car crazy. now i don't listen to these songs much anymore cause i played them out long time ago(lol). but these were quickies that really got things moving. so here goes!

all that noise you are hearing is the camera. if you heard this in person you would not hear any of those noises except for the trunk rattle when standing outside of the car.

yeah. i'll get more eventually when i find better music and maybe a better camera. lol.

or should i reduce the air pressure to 30psi for the cars rating?
the 30 psi rating is for the stock tire size for that car, which you no longer have. Over inflation or under inflation won't throw off your balance, unless you're tire is totally flat.

Your tires psi is only affecting the tread wear, and you'll just have to figure the right spot for that since there are so many variables.

the 30 psi rating is for the stock tire size for that car, which you no longer have. Over inflation or under inflation won't throw off your balance, unless you're tire is totally flat.
Your tires psi is only affecting the tread wear, and you'll just have to figure the right spot for that since there are so many variables.
yeah. they are set to 35psi each tire. the car was taken to sears to get my alignment done which it needed it, then al tires had to be rebalanced.

Looks like an awesome build. I am getting ready to start the build on my 2001 Civic Sedan and this thread gave me some great ideas. How difficult was it applying the eDead v3? How much did you use?

thanks for the comments guys. it took a lot of work to get it where it is now. though it's still not done and needs a bit more tinkering.

well my 9887 finally ****ing arrived today. i had to order it from 4 different sites and ended up going to crutchfield as a last resort with overnight. came out to 430.00 :/

thought is the price you pay for inpatience.

i started out with soldering all the wires to the new harness then heat shrinking them.

install went smooth.

e92d08c9.jpg

ad23f618.jpg

i've only played with it for a good 2 hours. i'm getting used to the controls and how to perate the unit.

so far it's a nice unit and i like the looks of it. especially the black chrome like color. goes very well with my dash.

though i'm still having trouble setting the EQ. i currently have the speakers on their passive crossovers. i'm having a little trouble understanding the whole EQ system and everything so i'm going to study up on it. i'm going to be ordering a profile ap400 to run my tweets so i can change to an active setup.so far i'm having an issue setting the bass/trebble. when ever i push the rotary knob in multiple times it's only showing me Sub level, fader/balance, and Defeat. though in the manual it reads that if the MultiEQ is set to off i won't be able to adjust the bass/treble. so when i hold the multieq button down for 2-4 seconds i hear a beep and nothing happens. i try again with the rotary knob and the option still doesn't appear.. weird?

i dono.

i'm reading up on the Goint active with the 9887 thread so i can gain some knolwedge on the unit.

seems like a challenge. very confiusing too. :/

still waiting on my alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The install is clean, but i feel that your choking the trunk off from the cabin. I had a

civic and some similar set ups really didn't put up the #'s due to that issue you are

most likely experiencing.

Kinda like the more isn't always better philosophy............................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.