my 05 civic rebuild

Thanks for the info...and yeah, that 3rd brake light caused a lot of rattles in my Accord, till I decided to take it out. I haven't had it in for half a year now and haven't gotten pulled over. Out of curiosity, what is the method the member on SSA mentioned to you without having to cover the 3rd brake light?

As for expanding foam, that is a great idea. I would do that myself, but the lights are on the trunk lid. I did put expanding foam in the rear quarter panels and the c pillars and it made a HUGE difference. I'd say doing the trunk lid will make a very big difference and you'll be happy.

Thanks for the link on the lights, I appreciate it.

:eek:thanks for the comments guys

alright so today i took the alt over to R&R to get the alt tested. when i get there a guy is like, you're going to have to come back in like an hour so we can test it cause the alt guy isn't here. so an hour later i return. the guy looks at the amp. i explain my situation. then he's like, i'm not going to test this for you. we can't test it we don't have the plug for it. i ain't going to test it. and walks off.

i'm like. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif then said **** you *****es.. in my head. lol

so apparently no one in key west can test the alt for me.. great.. so i had to take the risk and just mount the alt. well i looked up a how to. followed insturctions while replacing all my belts and 3.5hrs later. it's in and running.

7ab924c4.jpg

b962fc37.jpg

302e88cf.jpg

a357723e.jpg

no sparks no clicking nothing. seems to be working smoothly. though my meter on the car read it's max voltage at 14.1 for startup/warm up

0686d3b5.jpg

as the car reached it's warm up level and it started to idle like normal the voltage hovered around 14.0v i haven't taken the car out for a drive but so far it's charging at least. as fow how many amps it's producing i can't tell. i don't have a clamp meter so :/

tomorrow morning on my way to work and such i will keep my eye on my meter to see how the voltage is cooperating. hopefully the alt will last me.

oh, did anyone else in florida look at the sun today???

fef6db78.jpg

3d28ad4c.jpg

that ring was crazy visible.

took pictures behind my cars window tint so it would come out. the center of the sun had a black patch but didn't show up on the picture.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

oh yeah. and as i was removing rim of the car to gain access to the alt i discovered this on my rims center cap cover.

24455653.jpg

those mother puckers at sears dented the holy hell out of it. now i gotta buy a new one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

moisture ring.
Also gj on the alt... And u have the meter maxed out and its only reading 14 on cold?
meters not maxed out. on stock alt in the morning and such it's gone up to 14.4

though that's when i have 2 batteries on the car.

right now i only have the batt in the engine bay which is a 3yr old half dead battery. lol barely enough cranking amps to start my car.

well when the car was turned on and testing i never put my foot on the gas. i was just watching the idle rate and how it reacted when my headlights were turned on along with the a/c and every other unit in the car that draws current. lowest the voltage dropped was 12.4 but thwas was with all the lights on and max a/c. still on the weak battery.

tomorrow i will see how it works with the ride to work. thursday i receive my new 2 channel amp to replace the gimp 4chan amp. after the 2 chan is back in i'll be putting the kinetik back in the trunk. though i feel i won't get acurate results as the kinetiks been sitting on a trickle charger for 3 days. the battery itself will probrably maintain the cars voltage pretty high even w/o the help of the alt.

do you guys know if when they test alts that are mounted on the car they use clamp meters or alike to see how much current it's producing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.