my brother's box build log

maybe, but when the sub has a 2 inch tear in it that isnt repairable, it's hard to hold in air...
intresting how you left that out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I dont see why everyone is complaining about this post. Not everyone has the $ to buy good equitment, and yes if you only have the $ for cheap equitment theres nothing wrong with wanting to put it in for some bass. Not everyone has the time to spend making everysingle box they make perfect... Do you take the time to do everything you do in your day perfect? Now the only thing I can agree with is why someone would make a post about putting a $10 subwoofer in a beat up s-10 pick up...

I dont see why everyone is complaining about this post. Not everyone has the $ to buy good equitment, and yes if you only have the $ for cheap equitment theres nothing wrong with wanting to put it in for some bass. Not everyone has the time to spend making everysingle box they make perfect... Do you take the time to do everything you do in your day perfect? Now the only thing I can agree with is why someone would make a post about putting a $10 subwoofer in a beat up s-10 pick up...

was free for me and free for him.... can't complain... I'm using a quick cut blade and using 50lb bag of quickcrete to hold the wood off of the edge of a rubbermaid box. when I get a circular saw/table saw things will be better....

also, don't let the truck fool you, it's a tank.

Let me chime in a bit...just my opinion...

First off let me say that I know both Ku-sama, and his brother he built the box for and gave the sub too. Building this sub for his bro is a big big waste of time(ill explain later) however, it does give a little bit more experience in building(I guess) I dont see how that 8 inch 25rms is going to give him any bass but who knows because I know his brother likes to listen to MAD DISTORTION. Considering he didnt have an amp for his old pioneer speakers and just a head unit. Now that he has an amp, probably sounds alot better than what it did without one.

Trust me his truck is a big big piece of ****, but sometimes you only work with what youve got. This forum isnt all about talking about the best audio setups, its about audio in general. Some people dont want/cant afford the nice 1k-2k or even MORE setups. but I tell you what.

His cheap Pioneer speakers powered by a cheap crunch amp, with a cheap 8 inch sub, in a crazy ass half inch port box getting 25rms froma cheap kenwood old school crap amp With a Pioneer head unit considering that he spent.....lets say $100(for the head unit and speakers) because everything else he got free....

its 100 times better than a freakin stock s-10 stereo system from the early 90's.

how much the sub costs/performs should have no bearing on how well you build a box.
I don't care if I'm building a box for a 600 dollar sub, or a 60 dollar sub. My workmanship is always top notch.
if I spend $10 or $20 on a sub, im not going to spend the proper amount of time to make the best box EVAR for my 8 inch sub. Its like oook would I rather study 10 hours to get an A in my class, or study an hour to get a B in my class? I wouldnt waste 9 hours of time to get an A when I can clearly get a B for just 1 hour of work.

im right there with ya man:fro:
ooook

He is right!!
Opinion

We've all heard it's all in the install... that 8 inch woofer needs all the help it can get and it wasn't given it.. haha
I bet it wold sound way better in a proper sealed enclosure.
Yeah I would have went sealed all the way, but that freakin port isnt going to do anything anyways just cover it with some tape or something subs not even powerful

so im guessing u spent more time posting this thread than building that box...sad
I bet he did lol

went under the dustcap, spider is in the way, and there is a tear in the surround, where the cone hits the surround. you tell me? besides, 3 more days and he gets a new 8 anyways...
and wheres he getting this new 8 from ****er?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I agree with this 100% because I was going to give jimmy AA Assasin 8 inch sub brand new in a Pro build box for free just cuz im not using it. I think it does 300rms??? the box acctually looks pretty good heres a pic

12cd_1.JPG

I barely used the thing maybe has seen power 5 times???? man jimmy is going to love this

I agree with this 100% because I was going to give jimmy AA Assasin 8 inch sub brand new in a Pro build box for free just cuz im not using it. I think it does 300rms??? the box acctually looks pretty good heres a pic
12cd_1.JPG

I barely used the thing maybe has seen power 5 times???? man jimmy is going to love this
no he wont. cause that box isnt going to fit behind his seat....

not unless he uses the box I gave him... or I can make another one for him when I get a proper saw.... jigsaws and shitty workstations ftl....

now that I know how that box fits, I can build one the proper size... it can be roughly 2" deeper, 4 inches taller, so roughly 1cf at 36Hz

this install with this box = practice box (working with MDF), fit box (make sure I have the proper clearance I need), gives him SOME bass (better then nothing, right?)

he canput that somewhere in his car so you dont have to build another box. whehter its his front seat or by the floor or some ****, it will go in his truck one way or another **** jessica she can sit in the bed

you might want to countersink those screws. those screw heads can cause some major scratches.

edit: i just noticed you're the guy wanting to make people boxes for the price of materials.....

im guessing the strip of wood in the middle is from where you messed up the port. but hey if it sounds good whatever //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The new box looks awfully big, for sealed. But then, Im not familiar with those subs, maybe they require a ridiculously large box? Build quality is much better than the first box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.