My front speakers keep blowing! Please help!

First off, why did you pay to get those fixed, there are these new things called warrantys. After the second time it blew I would fire your installer and make him pay for speaker replacement/repair since you didn't buy a warranty and still didn't get one after the 2nd blown pair. I'm going to say he's a dirty liar and the amps gain is not properly adjusted, what amp is it? Have you tried turning it down or tuning it personally, it's quite simple and cost less then 5 pairs of speakers. The installer doesn't know whats going on or what he's doing from what it sounds like.
TL;DR = Tune yourself and what type of wire, gauge of wire, and what amp?

Last resort = Aftermarket HU
Warranty doesnt cover improper installation which includes blowing products.

The issue is the gain is to high or head unit settings are wrong causing clipping/distortion and blowing the speakers.

Pretty much you're clipping your speakers to ****. Besides having the crossovers and gains set properly you're most likely clipping right at the source (stock headunit). Set the bass and treble to flat and use a device such as a Steve Meade designs DD-1 to find the max clean signal... That or buy an aftermarket head unit!

You don't need to buy an aftermarket headunit, you just to need to make sure that the levels are properly set on the intergration unit and on the amp as been previously stated. 80% volume on the factory deck should still yield a clean signal, find yourself a new installer and have your system gone over by someone qualified to do the job because it's obvious that your current guy isn't up to the job. Also you should be able to hear when you are distressing your drivers no matter if it's by overpowering or distorting them so back off the volume knob some and if it's still not loud enough for you then you may need to add a second pair of drivers with equal power....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.