my IDQ12 does not rumble..want feedback

VTLexus
10+ year member

I just installed a 12" IDQv3 in a 1cu.ft sealed enclosure, running 500W to it off of an Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Unfortunately, i am a bit disappointed. It is def loud, and def hits clean, but the sub just does not rumble through the car (4 dr sedan).

by rumble, i mean i can't really feel the vibrations. i hear it more than actually feel it. i used to have a JL 12W3, and granted it did not hit as loud, you could def feel the bass on a lot of hip hop songs.

i used to have an aftermarket headunit on my old JL, maybe b/c i tweaked the equalizer settings i got that effect? i dont know, i just expected more out of this sub, so any feed back is appreciated.

one last note, i JUST installed it so i need to still mess with the gain, crossover, and bass boost settings on the amp as well as the gain control on the LOC.

any recommended settings are welcome.

I am very interested to hear what others have to say as well. I haven't purchased the IDQ yet as I have been wanting to find the best price. From what others have said, it seems as though you have more than enough power and the box is correct for the application.

If by rumble you mean what I think you mean, its not suppose to be there anyway. Overhang from one quick bass note to another, in a system with poor transient response, will come out sounding like one long constant rumble. That is exactly one of the reasons I love IDQ's, they DONT rumble.

its image dynamics, not an spl sub. it is made for tight, clean, accurate bass. its doing what it is supposed to do. my buddy had one in his stratus in a 2 cube sealed box off of 1000watts rms and it sounded very good.

I don't even know why your posting this if you haven't even set the gains accordingly. Kinda strange if you ask me. Set them with a DMM if you have one, or to your ear as best as you can and they let us know how it sounds. If it still don't do what you want it too, your probably expected to much out of a SQ oriented sub.

its loud and sounds good. no rumble means no vibration. thats a good thing. we spend a lot of money on dampening to get that. enjoy a great sub.

and for the guy thats interested. they are great! very good SQ. can kill your ears with rap, kicks you in the chest with rock.

i was a little disapointed at 1st but then i got the gains set rite and built a new box and it did WONDERS.

i dynamated my truck but it was tha dash and steering column that "rumbled" in my truck off some of the lower notes through my 13w7 the roof or the doors didnt vibrate but it shook the hell out of my steering wheel on long low notes

i dynamated my truck but it was tha dash and steering column that "rumbled" in my truck off some of the lower notes through my 13w7 the roof or the doors didnt vibrate but it shook the hell out of my steering wheel on long low notes
what?

just like i said. i had dynameted my truck so the roof or the doors didnt vibrate. but, kinda like the op was saying, on some of the lower notes i could "feel the bass" through the seat and the vibrations that resulted from said bass shook my steering wheel and dash as if it was rumbling.

got the picture?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.