Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
is the bolt green?
no the bolt is silver. its the bolt that the car came with to hold the stock amp down to the trunk metal. the ground terminal is not on the car chasis, it is on the metal latch of the factory amp.

so it is car metal --> metal latch of stock amp --> ground terminal --> silver bolt

no the bolt is silver. its the bolt that the car came with to hold the stock amp down to the trunk metal. the ground terminal is not on the car chasis, it is on the metal latch of the factory amp.
so it is car metal --> metal latch of stock amp --> ground terminal --> silver bolt
give the direct to battery idea a shot and see what happens....more diagnosis after:D

gnight

ok...will try those 2 things in the morning, ill keep u all posted.

for anyone that cares, the "metal latch" i refer to on the stock amp is on the right side of this picture.

that means the bolt is not a good ground.....run a set of jumper cables from the batt negative to the end of the ground wire and see if the amp turns on....my bet is that it will
if this works, then you need to find a much better ground
so i did thsi and the amp turns on (it turned on the old way also), but still nothing out of my subwoofer.

im starting to think it might be the way i spliced the audio signal or something with the LOC? i dont know how to test those two thigns though, and it's very hard to reach those wires.

so i did thsi and the amp turns on (it turned on the old way also), but still nothing out of my subwoofer.
im starting to think it might be the way i spliced the audio signal or something with the LOC? i dont know how to test those two thigns though, and it's very hard to reach those wires.
can you get a pic of the loc?

edit: and wiring

from all you have done, the only thing I can come up with is to check that you spliced the correct wires, make sure the input sensitivity on the loc is up, and the gains on the amp are up

be sure you plugged the rca's into the correct set of rca out on the loc and rca in on the amp

you can test the signal into the loc by setting your dmm to vac and turn on the hu with the volume up. one lead on + and the other on - for A channel, and the same for the other channel

same applies for signal out of the loc! set dmm to vac and a lead to the center pin(rca) and a lead to the shielding

here is the update. i removed the LOC and just ran speaker wires to the amp. unfortunately the sub still did not kick. at this point im out of ideas. here is a summary:

- 12.6V at the input to the amp (from battery)

- 12V at remote (direct from battery connection on amp)

- ground wire at amp connected to negative terminal of battery via jumper cables

- Amp powers on

- tapped wires have AC voltage before LOC, no signal apparent on RCAs after LOC

- LOC removed - ran speaker wires into amplifer - still no subwoofer sound

- stock sub still works (tapped stock sub wires)

- Equipment Functional - amp powers a friends subwoofer in his car. and his amp powers my subwoofer in his car.

- polarity of tapped wires, polarity of inputs into amp, and polarity of inputs into terminal cup on subwoofer all double checked OK.

I think I'll just take my car somewhere and have them fix it...

what model amp and subs (VC confic) do you have?

read the coils w/ a dmm (ohms). then read the output of your amp with a DMM as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.