Need help with new headunit and engine / alternator noise

irokdastar

USA
Hello everyone . So I purchased a New android head unit for my car and I did a complete amplifier and speakers . after installing everything I got this hum from the speakers and when I turn on the car I get electronic noise from the engine alternator . I ran the power wire on the opposite side from the rca's . I swapped out the RCA's that came with the amp kit to a Rockford forsgate twisted RCA's and it actually made it worse . I even tried grounding out the rca to the headunit and no luck . When I pull the rca from the amplifier the sound goes away . what can be causing the issue ?

Definitely should go with the ground loop isolators. Did an install at my shop where a customer brought in an android tablet and it did the same thing. We always get down to bare metal but never helped. The ground loop isolators made it way better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.