neon lights

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jordantyler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
arkansas
okay i have a neon 15"tube light under my dash and i want another for the drivers side.. it has a cig light on it and i was wonderin when i purchase another light how can i wire them into at swicth were is the best place to put it and.. what wires need to be conected to wat.. do i just cut the cig liter off? and wire that wires together and to the romote wire is that rihgt haha im so confused

i bought a music interface so it stobes to my music and you can wire a ton of light into one of them. And if you dont want it to strobe you can just flip a switch and make it stay on or in my case if a cops driving by i can flip them off lol

okay i have a neon 15"tube light under my dash and i want another for the drivers side.. it has a cig light on it and i was wonderin when i purchase another light how can i wire them into at swicth were is the best place to put it and.. what wires need to be conected to wat.. do i just cut the cig liter off? and wire that wires together and to the romote wire is that rihgt haha im so confused
You need to splice two of them together. The bes way is to cut the plug off of both of them (leave a little tail on one) and strip the wires back on both ends (plug end and light end). after you have done that wire all three of the same side together (one wire from each light and one from the plug) make sure they are all the same wire. Then wire the other side.

So now you basically have one plug for two lights. make sure to use a wire nut or solder and heatshrink to protect the bare wire cuts.

For a switch.. there are plenty of simple switches at Radio Shack. All it is doing is interrupting power flow on one of the wires making the light inactive. Just wire the switch inline with one of the wires. put it anywhere you like.

You need to splice two of them together. The bes way is to cut the plug off of both of them (leave a little tail on one) and strip the wires back on both ends (plug end and light end). after you have done that wire all three of the same side together (one wire from each light and one from the plug) make sure they are all the same wire. Then wire the other side.

So now you basically have one plug for two lights. make sure to use a wire nut or solder and heatshrink to protect the bare wire cuts.

For a switch.. there are plenty of simple switches at Radio Shack. All it is doing is interrupting power flow on one of the wires making the light inactive. Just wire the switch inline with one of the wires. put it anywhere you like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.