new amp not powering sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list
is it a dual 4 ohm voice coil?? Could be at an 8 ohm load? I imagine 450 rms at the 4ohms should move it decently. Is it an over rated amp?

either it is a DVC4 wired to 8 ohms or it is a DVC2 wired at 4 ohms, the only way that amp will "wang" the **** outa that sub is if he is running it @2ohms or 1 ohm, the 4 ohm load will tease it. and the 8 ohm wont do a thing. now also need to know if your feeding that amp good clean power. how is it wired up, what gauge wire are your power and grounds?

there you go. you do realize that amp is only going to give two subs 600rms if you load it at 1 ohm. you might get better bass just using the one at 2 ohms = 900 rms. that sub is 500rms-1500pk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Pretty much. It's just a nice kit. A solo rite Scarlett 2i2, XLR mic and a loop back cable are my next purchases so I can get accurate phase...
The 750 will give you better control at higher volumes as you won't be reaching clipping as soon..
I would pull the amp and bench test it with power and ground wires. If it still doesn't power up, its probably shot. My next step would be to...
No need to bypass the amp. Most use an LOC that takes the full amped signal and turns it into a flat RCA level signal. Here is the newest I have...
It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...

About this thread

im.the.new.hero

10+ year member
im.the.new.hero
Eye of wa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from