New Fiberglass Install(pics)

jarvy
10+ year member

just installed this IN MY SATURN SC2.

805611_19_full.jpg

805611_20_full.jpg

805611_21_full.jpg

its a visonik V815D2 (15). and that box took me hella long to get it to look like that. its textured paint, wetsanded a bunch, then about 10 layers of krylon clearcoat.

sounds pretty good, theres a couple small leaks errrr. have to silicon the inside edges mroe i guess. probly hits 120-125 dB . nothing compared to my 5 cu/ft box and ma hk1397(1600 watt) pushin that sub. hehe.

not too bad. could have used a little more TLC on the finishing filler\skim layers tho. the reflection looks kinda uneven.

but thats a minor problem. i like the flushmount. but if you needed airspace, why didnt you just glass over to the side\back further?

not the best choice of sub\amp - i cant see it pumping more than 300w outta that MTX. but not too bad looking box.

was this your first time?

lately?

i try to point out where things can be worked on without being an *******. and i believe that is the only way for people to grow and understand that its not perfect, being constructive about somones install, and seriously pointing out what you think they can imporve without being mean is the best way to help somone.

at least thats my philosophy.

and i was just being honest. the box looks real nice, but i would have gotten a different set of equipment is all. not being negative. just not my cup of tea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lately?
i try to point out where things can be worked on without being an *******. and i believe that is the only way for people to grow and understand that its not perfect, being constructive about somones install, and seriously pointing out what you think they can imporve without being mean is the best way to help somone.

at least thats my philosophy.

and i was just being honest. the box looks real nice, but i would have gotten a different set of equipment is all. not being negative. just not my cup of tea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Tis true, tis true!

NG

thanks NG. just trying to be helpful and honest at the same time.

I don't think your a jackass, this IS HOW PEOPLE LEARN. We can't have people going around thinking they have an awesome install (This does not pertain to the original post btw), when in reality they need alot of work.

I don't think your a jackass, this IS HOW PEOPLE LEARN. We can't have people going around thinking they have an awesome install (This does not pertain to the original post btw), when in reality they need alot of work.
+1 I would sooner have an expert let me know where I can improve things so that I do them right...it's all in the learning curve! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

not too bad. could have used a little more TLC on the finishing filler\skim layers tho. the reflection looks kinda uneven.
but thats a minor problem. i like the flushmount. but if you needed airspace, why didnt you just glass over to the side\back further?

not the best choice of sub\amp - i cant see it pumping more than 300w outta that MTX. but not too bad looking box.

was this your first time?
your fiberglass project doesnt look any better man, hehe first time? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif , plus you used actual fleece with soaks up so much resin and leaves millions of tiny air holes when u actually apply the chopp matt on it. oh wait you skipped that step. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif .

also i counldnt glass back any further, cant yo see the trunkarm swings in the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif .ive glassed numerous projects and installed a fair share too. thanks for the critisism. someones got to do it heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

BTW that amp will do 500 watt rms @4 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.