New sub to replace JL 10w3v3

Which one?!

• Total voters
Most of us on here don't use the main stream stuff because there is much more available for the price. Stick around and do a lil research, and you will begin to understand why we suggested the 'underground' stuff.
Is the other stuff garbage?

Lately ive been looking into brands such as Sundown, RE, DC, and FI, and they seem like alot better quality than the usual apline, jl, kicker, kenwood pioneer, and crap.

[quote name='ksynnott']Is the other stuff garbage?
Lately ive been looking into brands such as Sundown, RE, DC, and FI, and they seem like alot better quality than the usual apline, jl, kicker, kenwood pioneer, and crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they do make much higher quality equipment. Well-marketed (mainstream) equipment is somewhat decent, there is just a lot more that is a lot better for comparable prices.

And about box size- I have a single 12 in 6.5 cubes and it absolutely pounds... Manufacturer recommendations are a good starting point but actual professional boxes are the way to go. Contact @Buck ; about box design, he can sell you a design or build it and ship it

[quote name='jrdnhsnbrg']Yeah they do make much higher quality equipment. Well-marketed (mainstream) equipment is somewhat decent, there is just a lot more that is a lot better for comparable prices.

And about box size- I have a single 12 in 6.5 cubes and it absolutely pounds... Manufacturer recommendations are a good starting point but actual professional boxes are the way to go. Contact @Buck ; about box design, he can sell you a design or build it and ship it[/QUOTE]

I shall take that into consideration. My box was made for my two w3s taking into account my very valuable trunk space. I do like the size of it, but also am designing a box that will fit snug in my trunk against the rear seats with an amp rack inbetween them to make it look nice, but also keeping as much trunk space as possible. Sofar im looking into the Sundown SA10, or the FI x10s, or even gcon 10" tow of them, probably sealed, I am not looking for SPL so i dont overly see why i would port the box unless someone here gives me a VERY good reason to do so.

I shall take that into consideration. My box was made for my two w3s taking into account my very valuable trunk space. I do like the size of it, but also am designing a box that will fit snug in my trunk against the rear seats with an amp rack inbetween them to make it look nice, but also keeping as much trunk space as possible. Sofar im looking into the Sundown SA10, or the FI x10s, or even gcon 10" tow of them, probably sealed, I am not looking for SPL so i dont overly see why i would port the box unless someone here gives me a VERY good reason to do so.
Those three you mentioned area all excellent choices, I am partial to the SSA Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Those three you mentioned area all excellent choices, I am partial to the SSA Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Now i want to hear what you think compared to the w3s i already have...

Be gentle.

the dc lvl 2's I mentioned call for a sealed box at .5 cuft. I simply enjoy my lvl 4. I am seriously thinking on 2 lvl 4 tens come tax time. I don't think you will be disappointed with either of our suggestions, especially the lvl 2's or gcons.

HAHA well come on up to Canada, dress warm...
Northern Wisconsin is just as pleasant most of the time, I'm used to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Was talking to a guy from Cali the other day, it was about 45 out and he was all bundled up in a couple hoodies, winter jacket, gloves, and hat, the whole shebang. I was in jeans and an unzipped fleece jacket, tshirt underneath. That's cold places for ya!

Hey all,So I've been doing a lot of reading lately and have found myself at a standstill between choosing new subs for my 06 Accord.

Currently I have a JX1000 powering two 10w3 subs.

I have blown these twice now and realized that i need something a bit more durable.

I love the SQL of these subs. Awesome sounding, nice low deep bass, and they hit pretty hard considering. I am not the type of person to go into competition or anything like that. I am looking for something more in the terms of SQL with just a hint of SPL, maybe a bit more SPL than the W3s.

So far I have 4 subwoofers in mind. Keep in mind these are in a sealed box with .65 cubic feet for space each. I wont subject myself to crap like kicker, alpine, or any other of those crap big box store junk (besides JL but its a lost cause for me)

RE SExV2 10"

NVX XQW 10"(has anyone ever heard anything about them? I got recommended these. New company)

FI Audio x10

DD 2510C

SUNDOWN! SA10

or I **** it up and spend my whole piggy bank and do the 10w6 (I don't want to do that)

I have lost faith in JL.

I want to hear peoples opinions. I want something good. Something AWESOME.

Something that will last, have beautiful SQL as well as be able to have a heart attack of bass.

Lets hear it!
well first you got 2 w3's that are optimal at like not even 300w each, hooked to a 1000w amp... thats why your blowing them... second half those brands that you dogged on kicker, alpine so on.. make better subs than those w3's... all of the ssa subs are nice, gcon/icon/xcon/zcon the later too probably a bit much but for the budget you got you can find alot better subs for the money, i like the jl w6's but then once you will be left were you started as the optimal for a w6 10 is 300 watts... the flatlyne is a awesome sq sub... there are alot better than what you are looking at... the sa 10's are nice, the fi x 10's are nice but keep your options open and try to match your amp better and set gains properly...

sealed or ported goes back to your liking, ported doesn't have to be spl, just lower tuning, deeper bass, i just switched from sealed to ported, i like it because the bass isn't as high and loud but more deeper and you can feel it....

Good news!

JL audio is going to be replacing my Amp, and subs, and my xd400 as well as my c3-650s! weo!

Turns out there was an intermittent problem with my amplifiers that was caught on a test. New stuff.

BUT i'm selling my JL w3s and i am going to buy the FI x10's.

Thank you everyone for your contributions and your opinions.

The community here is awesome. I am also building a custom box to fit my Accord and I will be uploading pictures! Yay!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...