New System

SasquatchBump
10+ year member

SQ is better
Ok, I am selling my car and getting a 94 Probe GT and Im gonna start over with my system. I want some serious SQPL the hatch/trunk area is big enough for 2 fifteens or 3 twelves max. I was thinking about 2 high quality twelves in some ported boxes about 5 or 6 cu. ft each.

lookin for suggestions for subs/amp HU and speaks.

Thanks

hmm I would think that 2 SP15 = 620 + shipping (if you buy em before october 9th)

then 2 JBL1200.1 amps 1 for each sub about 600 bucks though

so that would be over a grand by couple hundred but im sure it would probably pound like a mofo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by SasquatchBump Ok, I am selling my car and getting a 94 Probe GT and Im gonna start over with my system. I want some serious SQPL the hatch/trunk area is big enough for 2 fifteens or 3 twelves max. I was thinking about 2 high quality twelves in some ported boxes about 5 or 6 cu. ft each.

lookin for suggestions for subs/amp HU and speaks.

Thanks
2 18"s will also fit...

Loyd L.

do the XXX's sound very good or are they purely SPL subs?

What would you recommend for 18's?? I wanna make this so I can participate in local comps. the highest people have hit around is about 145-ish I also want it to sound quite good. My interior is red and Im gonna carpet it red so this is kinda gonna be a show-y car.

I was lookin at the MA audio and the Visonik class X amps that go down to 1 ohm as well.

Looking at alpine type R 5x7 for rear (**** ford for strange speaker size)

and some MB quart comps for fronts.

Originally posted by SasquatchBump do the XXX's sound very good or are they purely SPL subs?

What would you recommend for 18's?? I wanna make this so I can participate in local comps. the highest people have hit around is about 145-ish I also want it to sound quite good. My interior is red and Im gonna carpet it red so this is kinda gonna be a show-y car.

I was lookin at the MA audio and the Visonik class X amps that go down to 1 ohm as well.

Looking at alpine type R 5x7 for rear (**** ford for strange speaker size)

and some MB quart comps for fronts.
XXX woofers sound good, and get loud... Resonant Engineering makes 18" versions of the HC, and the XXX.. both are very nice woofers...

I've seen several vehicles running the Anaba amps.... Mostly shocker competitors.. they seem to do well in that role... a strapped pair of them outdo an Earthquake D2 at 1 ohm... I've never seen them used in a daily driver.. so I can't comment on them in that role..

Loyd L.

I would have to recommend that you look into a pari of JL Audio W6 12"s. Put em in a sealed box and feed em enough power, those babies will be **** near the hardest hitting cleanest sounding bass youve heard, i garauntee

Hey many are gonna hate me for this and probably some other ****, but I dont care.

might try 2 Infinity KAPPA PERFECT12.1D 12 350rms at 2 or 8ohms. 360$ pair

2 JBL BP300.1 300.1 at 2 ohms 290$ pair

Panasonic CQ-DF602U 250$

Leaving 100$ for whateva you need it for....should hit 150's with a good box..

Originally posted by lcpunk69 hmm I would think that 2 SP15 = 620 + shipping (if you buy em before october 9th)

then 2 JBL1200.1 amps 1 for each sub about 600 bucks though

so that would be over a grand by couple hundred but im sure it would probably pound like a mofo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
2 1200 watt amps would probably blow up his alternator. grab one and run both subs w/ it, for a daily driver it will pound your head off

Gonna toss my two cents in here.

Go with the XXX or Brahma subs and go for an Orion HCCA or XTRpro amp. Well worth every penny spent tho may bring you slightly over budget.

I'm kinda in the same situation this guy is in. I'm looking for new subs, price isnt really an issue cuz I"ll buy as I can. I want alot of SPL without it sounding like crap. The Names I've heard Tossed out were Elemental Designs SP15, Adire Bramahs, and Resonant Engineering XXX's. I've got 1 JBL 1200.1 right now, and I dont think I would be able to run 2 without getting a new altenator, which I'm not ready to do right now, but may in the future. I have no idea, which of the 3 I should go with. And If I got the SP15, shouldnt I just get one?? its RMS is 1200 W.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.