Old School Beef

Spooney
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Getting ready to install this old school hog of an amp into my car tomorrow. One of those things I always wanted but could never afford back in the day. Saw it for what I thought to be a good price on ebay and scooped it up. Its a 1999 ish US Amps USA-400. Thing is a beast. Almost two feet long and $exy inside and out. Ratings are kind of hard to track down but near as I can tell she is rated to do either 1040 or 1200 watts rms bridged into 2 ohms but fused at 225 amps(somebody please correct me if you have different info). Holy current hog LOL. Anyway this wouldn't be worth a shit without pics so here ya go.

Also going along side it will be this A/D/S PQ10 bridged running my comps up front

and at some point this sub will be ran off of the USA 400

Eventually I would like to find some nice old school subs to run on the USA 400 but it seems like those are becoming few and far between these days. I love my old school gear. Feel free to post up pics of any old school amps/subs/whatever you own or are currently running

Well I got the two amps installed. Was a much larger pain in the *** than I anticipated. Now I need to decide what sub/subs to run on the US Amps.

That color is different in a good way tho. It's nice to see someone doing something different with their install. Have a question did they not have 0 gauge back then? I ask because of the three runs of 8 instead.

That color is different in a good way tho. It's nice to see someone doing something different with their install. Have a question did they not have 0 gauge back then? I ask because of the three runs of 8 instead.
I am sure it existed but maybe not in the car audio world. Hell this 8 gauge just barely fit those terminals. Its funny because internally there is only two 8 gauge wires going to each set of power terminals with a little buss bar going to the third/middle terminal. Almost seems like it would have been better with direct leads coming out of the end of the amp. If I ever tear this amp apart I may convert it . Maybe see if I can get two 4 gauge wires for power and two for ground instead of 8 gauge.

Look's nice man. Love the old school US amps.
Thanks man. I have been into car audio for almost 20 years now and this is the first time I have ever owned any US Amps product. It was always one of those things out of my reach in high school . Dont think I ever even saw one in person until my first trip to db drag world finals in 98.

4th pic i saw a scoche double fuse block - make shure the set screws on the underside are tight - and insulate them somehow.

i almost burned down my truck with that exact piece when the underside screw holding the metal block on worked its way loose and started touching my metal inner fender. - now i mount my fuze blocks / distros on a block of wood.

ps that amp is super **** i hope i get to find one local one day. been hunting craigslist forever for one to pop up magicly

4th pic i saw a scoche double fuse block - make shure the set screws on the underside are tight - and insulate them somehow.i almost burned down my truck with that exact piece when the underside screw holding the metal block on worked its way loose and started touching my metal inner fender. - now i mount my fuze blocks / distros on a block of wood.

ps that amp is super **** i hope i get to find one local one day. been hunting craigslist forever for one to pop up magicly
Thanks for the heads up. I will double check those screws on the bottom. It is mounted on wood so even if they do manage to get loose there is no chance of it shorting against anything. Thanks for checking out my thread.

fixing to redo the Honda in a couple weeks will post up the earthquake in its new resting place when done. may start a build log this time but Photobucket is a bish to me.

fixing to redo the Honda in a couple weeks will post up the earthquake in its new resting place when done. may start a build log this time but Photobucket is a bish to me.
Send me your pics and I will throw them on my photobucket account.

It was around , but **** was it expensive. Amps with current draw that needed it were ridiculously priced as well. Nice amps, my picky arse could never get past the color lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It was around , but **** was it expensive. Amps with current draw that needed it were ridiculously priced as well. Nice amps, my picky arse could never get past the color lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Man I love it. Was one of the main reasons I had to have it. Not really a purple kinda guy but this amp just looks ****** with it. A chrome one would have been sweet too.

What a blast from the past - Looks sweet though, I love me some old-school goodness //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.