Old school Supra with old school equip

Pooods
10+ year member

us
I put on a small car show today to raise money for a local school. Local stereo shop owner is a friend of mine. His worker called and wanted to bring the Audiocontrol meter and some DB cars for a little contest. About 15 showed up with a couple being very strong and on there way to the Meca show in TN.

So, I hadn't built a system in a long time. I was bringing both my old Supras and thought I could take my old stuff and build a quickie for the contest. I dug out my 23 year old Colossus VI from the closet. Been in there for a decade or more and I wasn't even sure it would still work. Couldn't believe it when I found my VI Callisto crossover too! It has been packed away for 15 years. I had 2 Elevation subs in the garage that I had never used. Plenty of old wire from my younger days LOL. The local shop had given me an old box several years back that they couldn't sell and I never thought it would squeeze in the car. Looked like it had been built for it! Bought 3 out of date batteries for $39 each. Well after several nights of messing with it I got it running yesterday. Didn't know if it would play but it seemed okay. Showed up today and had the young guys amazed to see an old Colossus. Got spanked by the 2 pros heading off to middle TN for the DB contest. BUT, I actually beat a couple guys! Hit a legal 144 on the dash with all windows up and batteries that could have used a good charge. Then hit a 165.6 in the port! Turns out to be the loudest system I ever had in an old Supra. Very fun day!

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

1980 first gen. My first car was a 1981 and I still have it. The 80 was easier to put the system in so I went for it.

Here's the 81. Had plans for a strong system at the time so it got some good wiring and mat.

July08ElizcarshowSupra030.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

80Supra62Skyinshop70Winshop006.jpg

SupragettingredoneFeb2008049.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

It's not often I say this around here, but that looks great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.