Old School vs New

Participant count
  • Participant list

CigAM

NC
I was into the car audio scene years ago and am looking to get back into it again. I am debating on using some of my old-school equipment or purchasing new and was hoping to get your opinions.

I currently have the following subs/amp from about 15 years ago:

(2)- 12" Kicker XPL 12C-2 - These are 2ohm SVC and I think they were 500W RMS?

(1)- US AMPs USA50HC that was rated somewhere around 400W RMS bridged mono but these amps were notoriously underrated so who knows what the real output was.

The equipment is in great shape and functions fine. I just hesitate to spend a lot of time to build a custom fiberglass (painted) enclosure in my new car and then put this old equipment in it. I was debating buying some new equipment to design the box to but, being out of the loop for so long, I'm a little lost. I was leaning towards some JL 13W3v3-2 subs but would not rule out some of the non-hyped brands that I've read about here.

What would you do? Use the old-school or buy new?

Here are my preferences

Box: Ported

Available cu ft: 7 total (roughly 48" x 16" x 18" with some odd cutouts here and there) The box will replace the rear "+2" seats in my 2+2 car.

Number of subs preferred: 2

Size preferred: 12-15"

Budget:

Listening: Rock and Hip Hop. Rock is usually at a lower level and hip hop, I crank it up for the bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.