opinions on the new setup please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

cunningStunts
10+ year member

VA
Have a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4door and finally decided to throw some money into my sound department.

With a little help from a very helpful member of this site we've come to this setup:

JVC Arsenal A815

CTX65CS Image Dynamic components

JL Audio 300/2 amp

linked together with KnuKonceptz 4ga. wiring

and deadening with SecondSkin Damplifier (not Pro)

My goal is clean crisp sound. Nothing over the top, no huge bass levels, just a very reliable great sounding system. Will be dealing with sub and monoblock later, so keep those out of mind for now.

Opinions please!

this is a repost-I accidently posted in the wrong forum! :x

you could spend less money on amp and get more power with the new Hifonics 2-channel. plus in the future it could be an 800watt subwoofer amp. however $300 for that JL probably isn't bad. i'm just not a fan of the dynamic impedance

p.s. -- metallica rocks! \m/

you will be disappointed with the hu. i have the 805 (previous model) and it sounds great but its not very user friendly and the screen is really hard to read at all times.

great comps tho but u need a sub...

I snagged the amp for 140, so that part is set in stone. I tried a lower model of the Arsenal series at a local shop, and found it to be pretty cool. Grantid I didnt use it with iPod or MP3 disc, but the basic controls seemed to be okay. W

p.s. -- metallica rocks! \m/
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Why the beef with ID?

As long as you take your time and install and tune right that setup will sound good.

emilimo has no idea what hes talking about. Those ID's will sound amazing provided you do it right as with any other speaker. Its about the install not the equipment.

As long as you take your time and install and tune right that setup will sound good.
emilimo has no idea what hes talking about. Those ID's will sound amazing provided you do it right as with any other speaker. Its about the install not the equipment.
Any general pointers you would have for me? I know this could be a VERY broad question, but anything helps! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im not familiar with that HU. Does it have time alignment? If it does I have some info from Eclipse that I can post up.

The best thing is to do a read of the sticky topics. One of which covers how to properly deaden a door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.