Opinions welcome

scheisse87
10+ year member

Due to an unfortunate mishap on my behalf, I'm in the market for a new hu. I'm trying to narrow it down b/w an eclipse and an alpine, but I have a $350 budget. I know that the eclipses are supposed to have better sq hands down but in my price range that means I'd be comparing a 3434 to either a 9833 or possibly 9835 (ebay).

Do you guys think the the 3434 would really give me a noticeable increase in sq over a 9833/9835; keep im mind I'm by no means an audiophile but can tell the difference b/w shyte and quality. I know this is really a matter of preference, but if you were in my shoes what would you buy?

my opinion is you need to make up your mind
Fair enough, but that would kind of diminish the point of this thread now wouldn't it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alpine and don't look back... My opinion.

But seriously, you are picking between two excellent choices so look at the features of the two and make your choice from there. You will not hear the difference between the two.

Make it about your desirable features because that is the only thing left to make the decision from. Hope this helps...

Eclipse....i think these Hu's are by far number 1.(my opinion of coursE) i own a 3414 and love it, all the options i need, so getting the 3434 surely has more options for tuning accurately. i know the 9833/35 are amazing units but CAN get confusing with all the options they do have. its really preference. (alpines by far LOOK nicer than most eclipse units...but this isnt audiobahn mindstate)

I'm getting kinda pissed at my top of the line Blaupunkt SF CD72 and I'm thinking about giving it to a friend for like 200 and buying a top en Eclipse, I just like the versatility... and cause most people will think it's **** cause it's not in crutchfield...

hahaha yes this is true.....i told my friend i had an eclipse deck, and he though i took it out of an eclipse car and put it in mine .......WOW same with my old subs my other friend said "i didnt know eclipses came with subs"

hahaha yes this is true.....i told my friend i had an eclipse deck, and he though i took it out of an eclipse car and put it in mine .......WOW same with my old subs my other friend said "i didnt know eclipses came with subs"
LOL thats pretty funny. Around here most people know about eclipse because car toys sells eclipse.

Eclipse would get my vote, but like posted above its about the features that you need/like. The only disadvantage to Eclipse is thier appearance. Although compared to a few years back (CD8051/8061,etc) they have definately stepped up to the plate in cosmetics. They typically believe (which is true) flying dolphins and other "pretty stuff" doesnt make things sound better. In fact putting all that in would take away from real functionality.

--Don

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.