Opinions?

If i was you. Id return it all and then consult us on your budget.
If thats not an option...

Design and build a box using an aero port. Find your cabin resonate frequency. Have one aero port you can put in for 32 hz daily music. Have another aero port that will tune your box to whatever your resonant freq is and find music with that freq as its main bass line. Youll net a 3-7 db gain at that freq. Itll sound like *** but be loud as ****. That is how youll get the loudest with your current gear.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I see it appears I have made a mistake even with planning lol, this stuffs obviously not the lightest to ship back I'm sure I'd lose a few bucks doing it. I am going to ride this one out and see how it comes out. It's only my second build on a budget of around a grand, otherwise I wanted to play with sundown but out of price range for this build. Next one I will be back here for sure, I really appreciate all the honest feedback man. Was going to think of going with a bigger box but I realize I could damage the subs like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it appears I have made a mistake even with planning lol, this stuffs obviously not the lightest to ship back I'm sure I'd lose a few bucks doing it. I am going to ride this one out and see how it comes out. It's only my second build on a budget of around a grand, otherwise I wanted to play with sundown but out of price range for this build. Next one I will be back here for sure, I really appreciate all the honest feedback man. Was going to think of going with a bigger box but I realize I could damage the subs like that.
Your box is only 1.75cubes. Alpine wants 2cubes suggested... I wouldn't think twice about having a box that's 2.25-2.5cubes after displacement for those woofers and your amp. And I wouldn't have the port firing down.. its all about smooth air flow and firing the port into the floor is mehhhh

Your box is only 1.75cubes. Alpine wants 2cubes suggested... I wouldn't think twice about having a box that's 2.25-2.5cubes after displacement for those woofers and your amp. And I wouldn't have the port firing down.. its all about smooth air flow and firing the port into the floor is mehhhh
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, don't know how that one slipped past me I will definitely reconsider the size of the box and orientation of the subs/port. The reason I planned on downfiring was mainly to keep the equipment a bit safer,

Just an update for those curious on the progress, took advice. Returning the subs and mono amp. Planning on these items instead -

Sub:

x-15 V.2 D2 - 1500w RMS

Amp:

SVC -2000D - 2000w RMS mono

(Or depending on funds)

Hifonics Brutus BRX2016.1D 2000w RMS mono

New box plan coming, possibly a custom wedge with a port preferably on the bottom(front facing into rear seats), 4.25cubes -- sound like a better change of plans guys?

yeah u coulda got some nice sundown, fu, ab or sq stuff for probably same $ (maybe $200 more) 1 of those 12's with say a nice amp even in 2.5 cf box would probably be louder than those 10's.. good looking box design though..

yeah u coulda got some nice sundown, fu, ab or sq stuff for probably same $ (maybe $200 more) 1 of those 12's with say a nice amp even in 2.5 cf box would probably be louder than those 10's.. good looking box design though..
I was looking at the x-12 v.2 also but it's the same price as the x-15, so I figured I might as well just go with the 15 if I'm making a bigger box anyways, will the 12 sound cleaner? Planning to tune around 32-34

I was looking at the x-12 v.2 also but it's the same price as the x-15, so I figured I might as well just go with the 15 if I'm making a bigger box anyways, will the 12 sound cleaner? Planning to tune around 32-34
some may disagree but u went from mids 10's to a h*ll of a 15 as hertz said i to have about $140 in amp and sub and mine can be pretty loud (and my port isn't large enough) thing about x subs is not for sq i've heard and expensive (ask tahoe) maybe u went up a little to much is what i'm saying.. look at fu 750 or 1250 or ab xfl peeps love those (check u tube for videos) or dc level 3 maybe (tragik in here came over 1 day last week showed me his dc 4 with 4k rms 150db back door was about to come off at that was at 145 or so he' won 2 comps now).. a 15 i fine it's mostly box for sq in fact u can even look at sound qubed subs at least the 300's hdc sounds better than hds check prices and specs on all that and maybe a 1500 amp but if u could save $100 or so on the sub spend it on NOT getting hifonics amp sd has nice amps, a few other nice amps around for under say $400 in the 1500-2k range...

some may disagree but u went from mids 10's to a h*ll of a 15 as hertz said i to have about $140 in amp and sub and mine can be pretty loud (and my port isn't large enough) thing about x subs is not for sq i've heard and expensive (ask tahoe) maybe u went up a little to much is what i'm saying.. look at fu 750 or 1250 or ab xfl peeps love those (check u tube for videos) or dc level 3 maybe (tragik in here came over 1 day last week showed me his dc 4 with 4k rms 150db back door was about to come off at that was at 145 or so he' won 2 comps now).. a 15 i fine it's mostly box for sq in fact u can even look at sound qubed subs at least the 300's hdc sounds better than hds check prices and specs on all that and maybe a 1500 amp but if u could save $100 or so on the sub spend it on NOT getting hifonics amp sd has nice amps, a few other nice amps around for under say $400 in the 1500-2k range...
Thanks for the continued input man, I know I should stay away from the Hifonics. I haven't bought anything yet so open to recommendations. I did know the x subs were more for spl, going to look at some of the equipment you listed. I'm aiming for a middle ground if possible, or even learning more towards sq, but definitely looking to move some air when it's cranked.

Thanks for the continued input man, I know I should stay away from the Hifonics. I haven't bought anything yet so open to recommendations. I did know the x subs were more for spl, going to look at some of the equipment you listed. I'm aiming for a middle ground if possible, or even learning more towards sq, but definitely looking to move some air when it's cranked.
The X woofer is a low distortion woofer and plays a very true sound. If u send it a dirty signal u can hear it clear as day. At least I can. It will get loud but deff not an SPL woofer. An X is a very good woofer and before someone says they only play low... In the correct enclosure they will play anything any other subwoofer will play.

soundqube woofers gross //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

I'm liking what I'm seeing on these ab xfl 15s, kind of leaning towards that instead of the x-15. Still a bit more research to do, I wanted to stay away from having so many different brands in my setup but I'm convinced it doesn't matter all that much anyways.

like he said sundown is nice, fu 1250 is too.. some peeps here don't like soundqubed not a sq sub weird for sub thats named sq but heard the hdc sound good.. us acoustic mike amp nice too 1500 $269 on ssa

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.