Phoenix Gold RSD12D vs. Pioneer TS-W307D4

TBird93
10+ year member

The title says it all. When I get my taxes back I'll be in the market for some sub woofers. I am looking for something budget oriented and narrowed it down to these two subs. Basically I am looking for something that hits hard but is still pretty accurate with the notes. Also I would be using them in a sealed box to save trunk space.

Which one would you go with?

Thanks

I have RSD65cs's in my doors and LOVE them. I can only expect the same from the RSD line of subs. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Pioneer is much more ICE oriented, not so much on the speakers/subs side. PG FTW.

I have RSD65cs's in my doors and LOVE them. I can only expect the same from the RSD line of subs. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Pioneer is much more ICE oriented, not so much on the speakers/subs side. PG FTW.
i disagree, pioneer subs are pretty decent, more like best bang for the buck.

I have PG RSD components, 6x9's and 2-RSD12's. I wouldn't say the subs are as good of a value as the components were, but they are still good for the money. I haven't heard the exact pioneer model you mentioned, but Pioneer subs in general haven't impressed me with their output.

So my vote goes for the PG RSD's. The only thing to keep in mind is that they like large sealed boxes. If your looking to save trunk space, and want 2 12's, you may want to look elsewhere. The RSD's want at least 1.5 cu.ft per sub for best results.

Thanks for all the replies, I honestly forgot about this thread because no one replied to it at first.

I see that onlinecarstereo.com has the RSD's at $109 each and thats right where I want to be for my budget. I have had a set of Orion P series for 3 years now and I'm just ready for something new.

If there is better out there for the money than I will surely check it out. I just need some suggestions and where I can purchase them.

I can definitely put each sub in a 1.5 cu.ft box but anything larger is just not practical for me.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Oh btw the amp powering them will be a Planet Audio BB1250.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.