Polk Audio SR 6500

Ive heard a set. They are a pretty good set of comps. Midbass wasnt strong enough for my needs, but they are definately a good set.

Ive heard a set. They are a pretty good set of comps. Midbass wasnt strong enough for my needs, but they are definately a good set.
You are an imbicile then.

These components, are one of the best set of passive components I've heard. The mid-bass output is INSANE, and the midrange and high end are pleasing to the ears...

Great set of components...

nG

You are an imbicile then.

These components, are one of the best set of passive components I've heard. The mid-bass output is INSANE, and the midrange and high end are pleasing to the ears...

Great set of components...

nG
I wasnt trying to discredit them in any way. Ive heard them in ran off the jl 300/4, they werent what i expected as far as midbass is concerned, but the doors may not have been sealed properly... Other than that, they are a good set. Smooth laid back tweeter, good midrange. Definately a good set.

I wasnt trying to discredit them in any way. Ive heard them in ran off the jl 300/4, they werent what i expected as far as midbass is concerned, but the doors may not have been sealed properly... Other than that, they are a good set. Smooth laid back tweeter, good midrange. Definately a good set.
No, you have GOT to be just plain stupid.

These, in my boss's car... factory locations...no deadening... it seriously sounded like there was a subwoofer in the vehicle. Literally the MOST and STRONGEST mid-bass... low end I have heard out of a set of components.

nG

These, in my boss's car... factory locations...no deadening... it seriously sounded like there was a subwoofer in the vehicle. Literally the MOST and STRONGEST mid-bass... low end I have heard out of a set of components.

nG
They are in my boss's car aswell. They are in the new honda accord, and they didnt have much midbass at all. Maybe they just dnt do well in that particular vehicle without deadning. You would agree with me if you heard his car forsure.

I actually was listen to those SR's today,in a 350 z.And i also listen to the foacl k2 series,I thought the the focal got louder,but the polk was softer on the ears.Also much better clarity I think!Those are real nice comp tho

They are in my boss's car aswell. They are in the new honda accord, and they didnt have much midbass at all. Maybe they just dnt do well in that particular vehicle without deadning. You would agree with me if you heard his car forsure.
I didnt find their midbass to be so great myself. But indeed very natural, and neutral, and enough body- just the not the snap I'm accustomed out of other speakers (Seas Lotus, Platinums, Profi Phase Plug...) Tweeter is pretty nice as well.

Overall it is a very nice set, nothing wrong really one can say about the set other than maybe the price Polk listed them for.

nG
I owned the set; used them with a Zapco DC350.2. They are very nice for a 2 way passive set. Tweeter is quite nice in fact. The mid can extend low, but just doesn't have THAT much output, and very little snap. Definitely not overwhelming by any stretch of the imagination. Midrange is good and smooth.

They are great speakers, very acurate... however, most people that have heard both prefer the Focal Kevlar series.

They can have above average bass, but are install dependent... also helps if you drop the crossover lower on the amp, say around 60hz.

FYI, the PPI DCX-650S components are clones that sell for half the price and offer similar performance.

When I heard them installed, they were run near full range. With a higpass of about 30hz @24dB on the amp (Kicker SX).

Oh, and they were bi-amped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

But I liked them.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.