Question about engine whine

ok, disconnected the RCAs and i still get noise. My guess is it's the amp. My ground might be loose since it can't be a bad ground spot. It's grounded to the battery. My assumptions seem correct or do you guys think there might be another problem?

ok, when I take off the RCAs from the side of the amp, the noise lessens. So is it the problem with the RCA? or the amp? I'm so lost and pissed off. Next thing would be to swap amps and see if anything happens. Other ideas guys?

ok, regrounded the highs amp and I still get the whine. I know it's not the crossover since I pulled the RCA from the input of the crossover and plug it directly into the amp and I still have whine. Other thing I haven't tried is the Ipod thing, going to try that tomorrow. Any other ideas though guys?

if the whine is through your speakers then its in your amps, if its through your vehicle like mine was then its other things. i had a bad whine but it wasnt real loud, i thought it was through my speakers but turned out to be resonating through the body of my vehicle. i found out that i just had a bad engine block to chassis big 3 ground. switched it and no more. maybe if you have done the big 3 it could be that

if the whine is through your speakers then its in your amps, if its through your vehicle like mine was then its other things. i had a bad whine but it wasnt real loud, i thought it was through my speakers but turned out to be resonating through the body of my vehicle. i found out that i just had a bad engine block to chassis big 3 ground. switched it and no more. maybe if you have done the big 3 it could be that
nope, haven't done the big3 yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif And what do you mean by whine through the vehicle? Mine's through the speakers

I do have a second battery, could that run of the ground wire be bad?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.