Questions about alarms

bigaudiofanatic
10+ year member

Dynamic Mobile Audio
Dover DE
I know a while back I made a thread about a alarm system but a new year new alarms ...new questions. So anyway I am down to 3 alarms to choose from for my 2003 Honda Civic EX. They are the Viper 5901, Viper 5900, and the Hornet 564T.

From what I can tell they are all great alarms but I was woundering if the new 5901 is rely better than the 5900 I mean I like the older style of remote because it tells your were something is going on like on the screen. So besides from the alarm and the box for the key what else will I need?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Also which alarm would be best.

http://www.viper.com/P-5702V/Viper+5901+Responder+Lc3+Supercode+Sst+2-way+Security+And+Remote+Start+System

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7927_Viper+5900+Responder+SST+VS5900.html

http://www.amazon.com/Hornet-564T-2-Way-Security-Remote/dp/B0009SWLFU/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234403303&sr=8-3

its alot more expensive. you can get the 5900 for like $125 the 5901 your lucky to find it at $300.

the 5901 will display what is going on on the screen. my friend just got one it is really cool. not worth the extra $$$ but i like it. i just got the 5701 for $100

The 5901 is the new version of the 5900.

DEI has had a problem with remotes this year so do not get the 5701 as you will lose programming and wont be able to get into your car by remote.

I haven't heard this happening with the 5901 remotes but I wouldn't be surprised.

The 5901 remotes look badass and you can charge them via mini USB.

The range on both the 5900 and the 5901 is 1 mile so they are basically the same alarm jst an updated version.

Oh, and with the hornet...you will get so frustrated with the remote because it does nto respond to your button pushes.

My vote is the 5900

%901s have had some minor issues with remote not responding properly. However a hard reset has proven them to work afterward. Is this proper? Surely not, but they do work quite well.

Rechargable multi color animated remote leaves the former behind in 'features'. Also now included is a second 1 way remote as the former only included one. Rechargeable, so no more month long batteries.

'Smart start' works very well for those that choose to have it.

LED and valet are now embedded into the antenna, so less holes to drill and place things. Toggle - manual override should still be installed though. You can of course also still use a designated valet and/or valet if you wish.

All in one brain/relay pack makes for an easier install despite it's larger size.

D2D for compatable bypass also makes for an easier install rather than a traditional hardwire.

The list goes on ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.