questions questions questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Reazon
10+ year member

Alright is there any advantage from slot port to aero port other than easily being able to quickly change tuning. Dies one make more noise than the other?

Alright I usually build sealed boxes. I had someone build me a ported box for 2 jl audio w6 10s. I here noise coming out of the box. And The box just doesn't get low like my sealed boxes. What should I do? I don't know the tuning on the box. What tuning will get me to sound like a sealed but the extra boost of a ported. My next subs will be 2 fi q 10s.

I heres that adding dynamat to the inside of the back of the box boosts spl Is this true?

What is the difference between midbass and midrage?

Alright is there any advantage from slot port to aero port other than easily being able to quickly change tuning. Dies one make more noise than the other?
as far a port noise goes, one shouldn't be any different than the other. a slot port is nice if you have a lot of port area becasue you can curve it around the inside of the box easier than round ones....otherwise you'll have to deal with elbows and stuff...pluse you'd only have one to deal with bending 4 4" ports that go everywhere inside the box.

Alright I usually build sealed boxes. I had someone build me a ported box for 2 jl audio w6 10s. I here noise coming out of the box. And The box just doesn't get low like my sealed boxes. What should I do? I don't know the tuning on the box. What tuning will get me to sound like a sealed but the extra boost of a ported. My next subs will be 2 fi q 10s.
if the proper port area was used then the noise you hear shouldn't be port noise. if properly built, it should hit the low notes a lot harder than a sealed box. prime tuning is a presonal preference, but 30-36 is commonly used, i like 32 myself.

I heres that adding dynamat to the inside of the back of the box boosts spl Is this true?
dynamat is made to absorb sound....if your going for spl, why would you want your sound absorbed?? so for spl, no. for sq, possibly.

What is the difference between midbass and midrage?
my guess would be the bass within the midrange and the high woofer range....someone who know freq. responses/hz/x-over points would be able to give a better definition than me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.