Questions regarding a subwoofer

Ghostxyz

Jersey
So after a few weeks of looking at subs and listening to a few of my friends setup I think I've decided on a American Bass DX124 12" inch. Now I'm not looking for a crazy loud sub or anything just something that has a nice bump to it. Until I have the time to build a box for this what kind of box can I find online that will at least give it some decent output? I don't want anything really large and it's not going to be permanent just for a few months until I can make my own box. Also do I really need a high powered amp to since it's peak is only at 600 and the RMS is at 300.

tl;dr

I need to find a ported enclosure and an amp for an American Bass DX124

If you're willing to wait a week or two, there are many builders on this and a few other sites that are great at what they do and ship fast. You'll only need 1 enclosure, and you'll know it's done right.

Hifonics Brutus BRX12D4 12" 900W Car Subwoofer Vented Sub Enclosure Box | eBay
Don't get this... It's a complete waste of money. The box is tiny and it's tuned way too high and the sub is garbage. You will not be happy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

what is your budget and what are you looking for? we can start from there, specify if your budget is for sub (not including enclosure) then budget for amp (not including wirings) you can do multiple thread for each component and specify if you can do used, a lot of people upgrades and sell here

Well I'm realy not trying to spend more than $400 being as though it's a budget build and I will upgrading in the future and giving whatever I buy to someone else in my family. I have an 06 corolla so I don't want to eat up all my trunk space either.

$400 for a sub amp and a box ( Family member is building my box later next month and will tune it depending on what sub I go with*

It doesn't have to bang the block I just need a little something. I'm trying to order this Saturday so I need suggestions !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.