rattling sound in new sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

willya745
10+ year member

<{--!! WAR EAGLE!!--}>
alright. i have two 12" kicker cvrs hooked up just yesterday. the sound great but my drivers side sub has a rattling sound coming from it. the passengers side sub has a hole in it but it doesn't rattle. i know its not my truck, i'm almost 100% sure its the sub. also, i smelled a burnt rubber smell coming from it today.... i think i set my gains right. any help woud be nice,

willya745

oh the pics:

3.jpg
driver side(rattle)

sub2.jpg
passenger side w/ hole (no rattle)

sub.jpg
both

alright. i have two 12" kicker cvrs hooked up just yesterday. the sound great but my drivers side sub has a rattling sound coming from it. the passengers side sub has a hole in it but it doesn't rattle. i know its not my truck, i'm almost 100% sure its the sub. also, i smelled a burnt rubber smell coming from it today.... i think i set my gains right. any help woud be nice,willya745
U think?U should know.Pertect ur investments.

also thinking of drilling some 1/2" or 1" ports. yes or no?
WTF?No dude hang around the fourm a lil longer and learn some **** before u go cutting and drill sh!t.

How new is new?

Are they new new, or just new to you?

If new new, take them back for an exchange.

If new to you but used, try to contact whoever sold them to you to see what they can do.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

they were both BNIB 05s when i got them. they were off flea-bay so no return. the sound isn't too loud... its just noticeable enough to hear... i guess i can live with it. oh btw i kind of thought telling you guys a/b the idea with the port wasnt that good.... it was just a thought .. oh and is the burnt smell clipping? idk how the whole gain setting thing is..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.