Rear battery to Alternator Instead of Front Battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

clickclickw00t
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a stock front battery and I just got a Kinetik Hc1400 in a trade.

I want to avoid getting an isolator if possible. WOuld it be smart for me to run the rear battery and connect it to the alternator positive instead of the front battery positive? Would this cause any problems?

So instead of

Front battery positive to Rear battery positive

it would be

Alternator positive to front battery positive, and alternator positive to rear battery positive.

Would this eliminate the need for an isolator? Could it cause any damage?

Thanks!

The shop I work at got me a really nice 200 amp solenoid. Should I run the rear battery off the alternator or directly to the front battery? Will I cause any damage if I go directly to the alternator?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.