rear fill?

splwj47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
so i just ordered my new speakers for my front stage. 2 sets of cdt es 010 tweets, a pair of cdt es 6mo mids and the cdt ex530 xover. so now im thinking about a set of speakers for my rear fill. im thinkin about just getting another set of good quality mids to go back there no tweets, would this be a good idea? what type of speaker would u recomend to go back there. i have 6.75 infinity gold mids that come stock in the rear.

I took mry rear speakers out and neve rmissed them. I am replacing them with some sealed 8s. should be a nice addition. OP, try that. put a midbass in there instead. unless your just trying to keep the same factory theme. then just get matching rears...

I have yet to go to a concert where the band is behind me. I can never wrap my head around why people want their music coming from the back seat.
ill have plenty of music comming from the front, im just thinkin about a little rear fill and some more midbass.

Most everyone here don't run rear fill no real point.... U want more midbass order 8's for ur doors and fit them some how or build pods to hold more 6.5's

Funny thing is he's in a car and not at a concert, so he can have sound coming from where ever he chooses.

I guess you'd have a real problem with all the auto makers who only put speakers in the rear deck, but I'm sure you're too young to remember that...

There's nothing wrong with rear fill as long as its integrated properly and in fact can be better than a system with only fronts.

OP, I say try a decent mid. Your stock mids might even be nice enough. Band passed from roughly 300-3000 hz and attenuated. Start there and if u don't like it, go from there.

My preference for rear fill is a big magnet coaxial that can take full HU power without worrying about hipass. Having some extra bass at low volume where the subs are inefficient is nice.

There's nothing wrong with rear fill as long as its integrated properly and in fact can be better than a system with only fronts.
OP, I say try a decent mid. Your stock mids might even be nice enough. Band passed from roughly 300-3000 hz and attenuated. Start there and if u don't like it, go from there.
sweeet i think that is what i will do, what do u mean by attenuated?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

How was the performance of your new speakers, I think you really enjoy them, Have a nice set up.
dont have the yet, they were shipped out yesterday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.