Recommend me a 6.5 driver with the Blaupunkt Vc100 tweeter!

Participant count
  • Participant list

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
I am in the process of picking out a fresh new 2 way set of tweets/mids to run active with my CDA-9887. Right now I have the CDT ES-600 midrange ran active, and I absolutely love it. Really the only thing that I am not happy with is the lack of midbass from the rainbow driver. Right now I have the cal 20 rainbow tweeter.

My AMP is a Memphis Big Bell 75x4 @ 4, 115x4 @ 2.

I was looking to get the germaniums/profi line(w/o crossovers), and I did not mind spending $300 or so to accomplish this. I was looking to get something like the cal 25, and Nismos14 had told me a week or two ago that the Blaupunkt Vc100 tweeter is very comparable.

I think I will end up buying the Blaupunkt Vc100 tweeter, however what is a good midrange that will match this tweeter?

I am not looking to be cheap in any way, however I do like to manage my money and get good value for what I purchase. As said I was going to get the germaniums/profi's, and honestly going with a tweeter from Blaupunkt for like $40 does sound "FISHY", but the hell with it I am willing to give it a shot. I dont mind buying used equipment, I actually prefer it.

Which 6.5 driver would you recommend for my 92 civic doors? I only have about 2.75 in depth though with the windows rolled down...ehh

This is the location to where I have my Rainbow Cal 20 tweeters now see pic... Its in the dash.

Pictures086.jpg

Pictures085.jpg

What do you guys think. I listen to pretty much everything you can listen to. I would say rap/rock mostly though.

If you treasure your mid-bass, the MLI's will deliver... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much depth are you working with?

If you treasure your mid-bass, the MLI's will deliver... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
How much depth are you working with?
really?!?!? they are THAT good?

i'm just wondering if they would be a step up from my RSD mids.

anybody used both?

i guess i could try them and if i don't like them i could sell them.

Well I need a mid that can do more than just midbass, a good midrange too.
well apparently the mli's have really good mid-bass, and the midrange is sorta mellow. but myself i am realizing that i prefer a laid back or mellow mid-range. but the mli's do extend up plenty high. they can be run up to 4k w/o a problem.

here is a nice write up on the mli's paired with alpine type-x tweets. this is from a very good source, this guy seems to know his stuff. they sound VERY VERY promising. i am tempted to grab a pair even though i have no reason to.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13820&highlight=mli-65

check out the ID OEM mids that hessdawg is selling in the classifieds as well. they have gotten great reviews over diyma.
Im still looking for a Mid that would be better than the CDT ES-600(Worth aboutu $200ish), Its a good driver, and I do really like it, but I figure I would see whats out there.

well apparently the mli's have really good mid-bass, and the midrange is sorta mellow. but myself i am realizing that i prefer a laid back or mellow mid-range. but the mli's do extend up plenty high. they can be run up to 4k w/o a problem.
here is a nice write up on the mli's paired with alpine type-x tweets. this is from a very good source, this guy seems to know his stuff. they sound VERY VERY promising. i am tempted to grab a pair even though i have no reason to.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13820&highlight=mli-65
the guy that reviewed those mids posts are always on point

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.