Recommendations?

bandpass is a crossover, not a type of amplifier. You’ll need a DSP or electronic crossover to run a 3 way active setup. Are you using a 6 channel amp? Or a 4 channel and a 2 channel?

I would run a 150x4 or 200x4 .. 4ch amp and depending on the amp for the money maybe like a 60x2 2 ch or it may be easier to find a 4 ch x 80 or 50 and run 2 chs to tweets @ 4 ohm with 2 ch free for future use. There are some 2 ch out there decent for the $. I doubt you will find a decent 6 ch with the power needed for the Mids you are wanting to run, that wouldnt be very inexpensive. I would only wire 2 chs @2ohms for the same pair of speakers and ohms value along with RMS rating in each door rather than a mixture. Thats me though

I would run a 150x4 or 200x4 .. 4ch amp and depending on the amp for the money maybe like a 60x2 2 ch or it may be easier to find a 4 ch x 80 or 50 and run 2 chs to tweets @ 4 ohm with 2 ch free for future use. There are some 2 ch out there decent for the $. I doubt you will find a decent 6 ch with the power needed for the Mids you are wanting to run, that wouldnt be very inexpensive. I would only wire 2 chs @2ohms for the same pair of speakers and ohms value along with RMS rating in each door rather than a mixture. Thats me though
okay, thats the new plan, 2 midbass 4ohm 200wrms and 2midrange 4ohm 200w rms. gonna hold off on tweeters. to keep things simple

Last edited:
okay, thats the new plan, 2 midbass 4ohm 200wrms and 2midrange 4ohm 200w rms. gonna hold off on tweeters. to keep things simple
A 4 ch 200x4 or a 250x4 will work perfect for that,and you should be able to tune just fine on each chs 1&2 and 3&4.... You need some Highs incorporated in the system. If not its going to sound like Azz!..

Example for Mids amplifier

Example for tweets amplifier

Last edited:
You definitely will need tweets of some sort...

The crossovers on this feature bandpass ability for what you want to do...plus you can turn them off if you ever decide to go with a dsp...

I got one in my closet just waiting for the doc to clear me after surgery 🤗

A 4 ch 200x4 or a 250x4 will work perfect for that,and you should be able to tune just fine on each chs 1&2 and 3&4.... You need some Highs incorporated in the system. If not its going to sound like Azz!..

Example for Mids amplifier

Example for tweets amplifier
Im sure compared to your standards my system sounds like ****, but I listen to music with a lot of lows and less highs. my 4 midrange drivers have carried all the highs ive ever needed. so I think id be okay leaving them out for right now. the main point of this upgrade is to get access to better midbass frequencies.

But if I put everything together and it sounds weird ill add a couple into the mix. Im gonna go with your deaf bonce recommendation for the mids since im on a budget, appreciate it

Last edited:
If you are seeking mid bass improvements, Make sure you get speakers that are capable of producing solid mid bass.
Have you treated your doors at all? That will be key in getting what you want out of the speakers.

Im sure compared to your standards my system sounds like ****, but I listen to music with a lot of lows and less highs. my 4 midrange drivers have carried all the highs ive ever needed. so I think id be okay leaving them out for right now. the main point of this upgrade is to get access to better midbass frequencies.

But if I put everything together and it sounds weird ill add a couple into the mix. Im gonna go with your deaf bonce recommendation for the mids since im on a budget, appreciate it
My standards are not high by any means. I always say.. Run what you got and enjoy what you have, put it to work. I feel like you are going to be missing those Symbols and high Hats and other high notes that make music more of a joy to appreciate. But hey.. everyone has theyre own taste in music, which makes it theyre own and listening to ones music as an individual man. Those amps are really great for the $ and do quite well. Ive put quite a few in,and everyone that has them are enjoying them. I think and feel like they perform very well. great Budget amps for the need. I like CT Sounds amps too. Id like to see the CT series in a 200x4 or better, and a nice 250-300x2 and a 150x2. Pretty good budget amps as well. believe it or not... Kicker still makes a decent Loud and crisp tweet that would keep up and blend in and do well with your front stage for the money. Doesnt take much to get them to get loud when needed and you can tone them down as well. just a recommendation for the $.

Amazon product ASIN B07NSCD5QR

Unless you listen to nothing but computer generated techno/house bass, you're going to want tweeters. Even then you'll be missing out on those cool lasers and death ray sounds.

Two ways will add it, or the nicer options is to get components/crossovers and add in tweets.

If you haven't bought speakers yet, IMO the best way to do it for a four door setup, is to find a nice set of components for the front. Get a 4ch amp, hook it up, play it, then decide on what you think is missing for the back. If you want a rear stage for rear passengers, then get another set of components or more budget friendly would be two ways for the rears that are that same wattage, (or don't need to be the same, if you bought a 4ch with separately adjustable gains for 1/2 & 3/4. If you don't need any more highs, then you get mids instead.

Here's an old thread I stumbled upon while looking up active components that may be of help to you. I agree with everyone else saying you will want to have tweeters. Midrange drivers just dont produce the frequencies needed for those high notes. If you use 3 way components you will want a 6 channel amp, the symphony s6 that spokey recommended is what I would run. Ive got the symphony s2 powering my passive components and they sound great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...