Remote Wire Troubleshooting

Participant count
  • Participant list

sizzl3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Minnesota
sup /wiring

Since I'm upgrading systems, I was in the process of doing some rewiring for my truck. I got everything wired last week so I had my power wire just chilling in the back, and it some how touched the remote wire and sparked a bit. I know that's bad, but I didn't think much of it. When I got everything wired to the amp and turned the deck on, amp didn't turn on.

Crap.jpg

I figured it wasn't my ground because if it was, the amp would still turn on but go into protect mode. We brought out the multi meter and the power wire just fine. Checked for conductivity in the blue remote wire, and the wire itself was fine.

Thisreallysucksnow.png

This leads me to believe the remote wire from my deck is completely fried. What the heck can I do to make this sucker work again? I'm so close to installing a new system and of course I run into an obstacle like this. Do i have to get a new deck? Are there ways around this?

Thanks so much guys.

Try tapping your remote signal from a separate 12v wire? Should be tons of accessory wire to tap off, just need to narrow it down on where to look.

Ya look for an ignition wire else where..tap into it and see if the problem is still there...but if your remote wire reads 12v now then its not the remote wire...

Conductivity check or continuity check btw? If it's the beep test, that's continuity. Won't tell you if you have power coming out of the wire.

^^^That. Just don't leave it that way or you'll come to your car and battery no worky worky.

I'm logging off for the night though. Hope you figure it out.

Tried tapping into the ignition wire(s), had no luck. Definitely should have worked. So I checked my fuse box....I HAVE MISSING FUSES. Pretty sure once I replace the missing fuses (like wtf) the ignition wire should work, and hopefully that should get it working. Hopefully. Gonna do that another day when its light. Thanks for the respnses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.